Re: Has Brickfilming gone downhill?

i guess it was a a Government cover up mini/tongue

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

Whateva there's too much whining. Some talents went to pursue other goals, others just don't have time (busy studying) and it seems like most of the people here think that the new generation doesn't stand a chance. Well maybe that's true but I guess we'll have to wait and see mini/tongue don't forget that for 99% of us brickfilming is just a hobby and the most important thing is to enjoy making the videos and it doesn't matter whether you simply enjoy making action sequences or telling a story with a certain message. Too few people have enough free time to create these "masterpieces" that you want and that's the problem, there's nothing wrong with the brickfilmers themselves. Peace out brothas!

Last edited by Leo's World (February 25, 2012 (12:48pm))

Although, and I just tought of this when reading some My Little Pony sadfic, a masterpiece doesn't have to be grand and epic. There is totally such a thing of a masterpiece of simplicity. I don't know if this was how it has always been, but I am kind of getting sick of all that smart-alecky humor and when I see a video like this or this I always like it much better.
My suggestion to the community is follow your instincts on what makes a good film, instead of pandering to the tastes of the masses.

Gosh, I love that happy spinny chair movie. It always cheers me up. mini/bigsmile

legostudiosplus wrote:
ghostofmrsdaystudios wrote:

youtube was started in 2005...

Nope, Dec 31, 1969.

Uhh, no. Where the heck did you get that idea from?

LOL 1969? Seriously? mini/bigsmile why would you think that way? Internet became global like in 1989 or something how could there be youtube with no internet access for ordinary people? mini/bigsmile

legostudiosplus wrote:
ghostofmrsdaystudios wrote:

youtube was started in 2005...

Nope, Dec 31, 1969.

Specifically 3:24 AM, 32 seconds, 98 milliseconds, eastern time.

I believe it's a joke referring to the original 32-bit Unix timestamp, which starts on January 1st, 1970. All Unix based systems count time up from there.

Also: I've seen some videos floating around YouTube that erroneously have upload dates preceding 2005.

Last edited by mcoov (February 26, 2012 (09:34pm))