Topic: Lego Agents: Destination California Part 1

Directory Link

Lego Agents: Destination California Part 1

Lego Agents: Destination California Part 1

Part 1 of the Lego Agents: Destination California saga. Agents C.J., Jake, Chase, Charge, and Fuse set out on a mission to stop Jason Argo.

YouTube     Website     Brickreel

Re: Lego Agents: Destination California Part 1

Just finished watching this part, I'm going to comment on each one individually as I finish them. Please keep in mind that I am giving you constructive criticism, and am only here to help you improve. I just looked at your channel and saw your more recent films, so I won't comment on animation skill because you have already gotten better at animating overall. Having said that, one thing that seems consistent between this and your more recent stuff is a lack of actual animation in your films; meaning that there are a lot of parts where it's just a still image. There are a few ways to get around this, depending on what you prefer. You could either do mouth animations, which can look very sloppy unless done very very well, or you can move your character in time with their words; an arm up at this word, a bend over at this one, and so on. Otherwise your audience is just sitting there listening to you talk and looking at a picture of a plastic toy for a long period of time, which is rather boring. One thing that stands out to me in particular about this film itself, however, is that you used the same voice for absolutely everyone. You also had two twins, in the exact same suit, having a phone conversation where they didn't move at all, for a rather long time. Not initially knowing they were twins, I was completely and utterly dumbfounded as to what in the world was going on. Also the guy getting fired because a building obviously was blown up doesn't make any sense, especially in that high of a position. The sets, also, were lacking very much, in color scheme and design. Looking at your teaser for Mission Fire Star, your set building has improved greatly, however, which is very very good. The story was okay, there were parts that seemed random, and some parts weren't explained fully or went too quickly without any dramatic build. Overall I'd give this a 1.5/5, because of the sets, voice acting, and storyline. I'm going to have to round this down, though, because I don't feel bad about being blunt due to the fact that you have improved immensely, and if I were to rate this a 2/5 on BiM, rating your other films if you put them on BiM would be weird in terms of the quality of the films, so I hope you understand (If someone else would like to rate it a 2/5 to balance out my 1/5, it would be appreciated).
P.S. Most of the time even if you can use live-action, like pulling up a garage door or something, it is preferred that you use stop-motion instead because it keeps the film overall flowing more smoothly.
P.P.S. I'll watch and comment on the other two parts in a few hours.

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

Re: Lego Agents: Destination California Part 1

I have updated with links to each part of the series

YouTube     Website     Brickreel