Topic: Immigrants

Directory Link

Immigrants

Link 1

This is a video about Superman and the United States!

Re: Immigrants

I could point out the plot problems, and rant about this and that and that and this in terms of the story itself, but I'm not going to for obvious reasons. On a technical note, however, I feel like you overused the mouth animation as an excuse not to animate the minifigs themselves. On top of that, the first almost 30 seconds of the film itself was a song playing. You used official LEGO sets, which is fine, but you could just as easily have used pictures of them, as the minifigs were never actually seen physically in or on the sets. You put two sets on top of a large gray baseplate, and animated them in the street. The mouth animation wasn't the worst, but wasn't good enough IMO for all the screen time you gave it (by this I mean that it was overused, simply as a way to keep the talking going over some form of animation). Your animation itself seems decent, and I'd suggest playing on that a lot more.
Overall I'm rating this a 2/5 on BiM, but I'd give it a 2.5. The only reason I'm rounding down is because personally I think that mouth animation doesn't add to a film unless it's done superbly, which I don't feel like it was here. Keep practicing though, like I said your animation is decent, just actually animate more next time mini/smile

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

Re: Immigrants

thanks for the helpful constructive criticism!