Topic: Beer Commercial Misunderstanding

Directory Link

Beer Commercial Misunderstanding

Youtube

A minifigure questions his grip on reality when he learns Madison Avenue sometimes does take a little license in advertising.

Of every film I've made so far, this is my favorite as far as animation goes. I think it's my smoothest. Again, it's short, but enjoy anyway!

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Re: Beer Commercial Misunderstanding

Good concept, pretty funny. Only problem is the voice overs.
1) Don't EVER whisper. Think about it this way: what would be more embarrassing? The people in your house hearing you talk loudly? Or EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET hearing you talk really softly? Trust me, the second one is MUCH more embarrassing.

2) It's always a good rule of thumb to NOT narrate over title cards. Most of the time it just ends up sounding unfunny and unprofessional.

The animation was really great, though; keep up the good work!

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

Re: Beer Commercial Misunderstanding

SpaceGorilla wrote:

Good concept, pretty funny. Only problem is the voice overs.
1) Don't EVER whisper. Think about it this way: what would be more embarrassing? The people in your house hearing you talk loudly? Or EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET hearing you talk really softly? Trust me, the second one is MUCH more embarrassing.

2) It's always a good rule of thumb to NOT narrate over title cards. Most of the time it just ends up sounding unfunny and unprofessional.

The animation was really great, though; keep up the good work!

First, thanks for watching! I appreciate it.

I understand how at the beginning I was very quiet (that was a mistake, and you're right, I was kinda whispering), but in the rest of it and at the end my voice had to stay lower, both to keep the mood, and because I'm using a very low-end microphone and it pops like crazy at loud volumes. So, what I probably need is a better mic.

Also, the title card narration was a joke from SpongeBob. They always have some French guy narrate the time-elapsed cards, and I figured viewers who had seen the show before would find it funny.

Thank you for you advice, and for watching!

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.