Topic: The Mummy Chase

Directory Link

The Mummy Chase

The site where the movie is

My second Lego stop motion short film of a guy getting a soda out of the same soda machine I used in my video before, when a random mummy comes out of nowhere and chases the guy over the wall, and yes, I kept my hands out of the cam this time. mini/wink

Last edited by JrEdwards8899 (October 3, 2011 (07:29pm))

Re: The Mummy Chase

that was okay, the animation seemed a bit choppy, and the overhead shot is kind of annoying in my opinion. the set was not very good, different colored blocks is bad for brickfilming. it gives an amateur feel to it. (and if you don't have enough bricks, you can buy them on bricklink.com. they're pretty cheap there) and the general plot was kind of weird. some suggestions - you should have different camera angles, make better sets, and work on your animation. (a good tutorial is this video) pretty good starter film though, you have potential. mini/smile

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

MrLegoProductions wrote:

that was okay, the animation seemed a bit choppy, and the overhead shot is kind of annoying in my opinion. the set was not very good, different colored blocks is bad for brickfilming. it gives an amateur feel to it. (and if you don't have enough bricks, you can buy them on bricklink.com. they're pretty cheap there) and the general plot was kind of weird. some suggestions - you should have different camera angles, make better sets, and work on your animation. (a good tutorial is this video) pretty good starter film though, you have potential. mini/smile

Thank you. mini/bigsmile

well I'm glad you didn't quit. mini/wink
however there is some criticism that I would like to give you,if thats okay.
it was nice but I think you should put some sound in. I would have been very confused if you had not put the description in.
considering this is your second Brickfilm it is pretty Good. mini/smile
you should really take some more time on your animation this was only a couple seconds of animation so it is all right but in futer Brickfilms I think that you should try to take longer.
also you may not be aware of what the releases category is for but typically you post five second movies without sound in the WIP & Tests section. mini/sunnies  you may want to look here to find out how things work in this site
I have one final suggestion. you should try to develop some kind of a plot, (a story) though pointless animations are nice to sharpen tour teeth on
You have a lot of potential I can't wait to see your next film. mini/bigsmile
-Zombie Me
EDIT: Hey no fair two people posted wile I was writing this mini/madhead

Coyote Creek Films wrote:

well I'm glad you didn't quit. mini/wink
however there is some criticism that I would like to give you,if thats okay.
it was nice but I think you should put some sound in. I would have been very confused if you had not put the description in.
considering this is your second Brickfilm it is pretty Good. mini/smile
you should really take some more time on your animation this was only a couple seconds of animation so it is all right but in futer Brickfilms I think that you should try to take longer.
also you may not be aware of what the releases category is for but typically you post five second movies without sound in the WIP & Tests section. mini/sunnies  you may want to look here to find out how things work in this site
I have one final suggestion. you should try to develop some kind of a plot, (a story) though pointless animations are nice to sharpen tour teeth on
You have a lot of potential I can't wait to see your next film. mini/bigsmile
-Zombie Me
EDIT: Hey no fair two people posted wile I was writing this mini/madhead

Well, I appreciate your support and yes, I will continue Brickfilming. I just don't like when people get so irritating and intimidating... mini/rolleyes I get like that when that happens, so get used to it. mini/cat  Nothing against you. Just saying. My next film in the process is about the Army. One man vs. 10. More info released later. mini/wink

Last edited by JrEdwards8899 (October 3, 2011 (08:29pm))