Topic: "Scanners" in Lego

Directory Link

"Scanners" in Lego

Link 1

The movie "Scanners" reenacted with Legos.

Re: "Scanners" in Lego

The animation of him talking seemed a bit weird, the set was a little to simple and blank, and the clay seemed to move around about right before he said "Whoops".

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

JaredSM wrote:

The animation of him talking seemed a bit weird, the set was a little to simple and blank, and the clay seemed to move around about right before he said "Whoops".

This was only meant for a short joke, don't stress over the minor details. It could've been a lot worse. At least I shot it at 15 fps, and I got the lighting right this time.

BRILLIANT! NO FLAWS WHATSOEVER! 5/5

I GIVE IT 10 STARS! IT COULD HAVE BEEN A LOT WORSE.

BIMAS 2011 FOR SURE MAN. I LOVED THIS LIKE I LOVE GOD. 100/10

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

LastResortHumor wrote:
JaredSM wrote:

This was only meant for a short joke, don't stress over the minor details. It could've been a lot worse. At least I shot it at 15 fps, and I got the lighting right this time.

Sorry I was just giving my honest opinion, I never said it was bad or anything.
The exploding head animation was quite funny actually.

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

GREAT! 4/5 (1 POINT DEDUCTED BECAUSE IT ENDED.)

JaredSM wrote:
LastResortHumor wrote:
JaredSM wrote:

Sorry I was just giving my honest opinion, I never said it was bad or anything.
The exploding head animation was quite funny actually.

Thanks!

You seem to be giving excuses for not doing something as well as you could. It turns out these "minor details" matter, we're pointing them out to you so you can fix them. After you do that, the stuff you make will be the best it can be.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

VERY TRUE TO LIFE.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

minifig051 wrote:

You seem to be giving excuses for not doing something as well as you could. It turns out these "minor details" matter, we're pointing them out to you so you can fix them. After you do that, the stuff you make will be the best it can be.

I did make this the best it could be. We can't all be fantastic animators like Forrest Whaley and the like. I think I did quite well given what I have to work with.

Oh, I see. You don't have the ambition to get better. You tried to, but it seems you didn't try hard enough. You think you just can't do it. Well, I will do anything I can to make what I can do better. I wouldn't let a thing like not having enough money to get some program or something stop me. I would get enough money one way or another.

Come on, the least you can do is build a set. If you don't think you have enough Legos to do that, get some more parts.

minifig051 wrote:

Oh, I see. You don't have the ambition to get better. You tried to, but it seems you didn't try hard enough. You think you just can't do it. Well, I will do anything I can to make what I can do better. I wouldn't let a thing like not having enough money to get some program or something stop me. I would get enough money one way or another.

Come on, the least you can do is build a set. If you don't think you have enough Legos to do that, get some more parts.

I do not appreciate the sarcasm, bucko. I didn't build a set because it doesn't add anything to the joke. The video is straight to the point, and the point is to make people laugh. Lighten up guys, seriously. You're starting to come across as perfectionists...

It's not sarcasm (How can you even tell?). And yeah, most of us are perfectionists. Or at least people with attention to detail.

Now I get it. You don't have attention to detail and like to keep things simple. You often settle for "good enough". My dad is the exact same way.

All right, if that's how you feel, then okay. I guess I'll just leave this alone, then.

minifig051 wrote:

It's not sarcasm (How can you even tell?). And yeah, most of us are perfectionists. Or at least people with attention to detail.

Now I get it. You don't have attention to detail and like to keep things simple. You often settle for "good enough". My dad is the exact same way.

All right, if that's how you feel, then okay. I guess I'll just leave this alone, then.

It's not settling for "good enough". There's just no point in adding extraneous background elements when the sole point of the video is to make people laugh. Sheesh...

Well, maybe you're not settling for "good enough", but you definelty don't have any attention to detail.

Can we stop talking about this now? I'm getting tired of this whole back-and-forth thing.

minifig051 wrote:

Well, maybe you're not settling for "good enough", but you definelty don't have any attention to detail.

Can we stop talking about this now? I'm getting tired of this whole back-and-forth thing.

I do have an attention to detail Mister. Check out some of my other videos. And yes, let's drop the conversation, shall we?

Yes, let's shall.

LastResortHumor wrote:

We can't all be fantastic animators like Forrest Whaley and the like.

Yeah, totally true, but someday, I hope to be as good as Brian Gorman.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...