Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

I'll give Lesson Zero a try sometime.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r1Hz7gIPHhA/UTIK7JUhaxI/AAAAAAABV-c/kaHL2d6Jfmc/s1600/Hasbro2-superJumbo.jpg

They look a bit better now.

My Little Pony is now officially furry.

...just a little bit better...

That Fluttershy. mini/what

<3

mini/twitch I honestly don't know what to say.

I thought the "normal" MLP ponies were bad enough, but this is downright creepy.  It plunges straight into the lowest depths of the Uncanny Valley for me.  Now, I get that everyone has their own personal taste and different things appeal to different people, but I honestly cannot even understand how anyone in their right mind could actually enjoy.... this.  My sanity would probably shatter if I was forced to watch a TV show with these characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a horror movie using these character designs.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

The new designs are even worse than the original leaked concept art. Way too much going on. Wings, horse ears, cheek tattoos, but no horns. And everybody seems to have two sets of hair, now.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Looking over them again, I'm starting to like them less and less. It's really starting to look creepy, and more like something you would find in the dark side of the internet.

Human Fluttershy is still cute, though.

i kind of liked the original human designs

these are just plain crappy and nothing like the show's art style

oi vey

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I just threw up in my eyeballs.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I haven't exactly watched the show in like a year and I don't exactly want to start watching again but I'm still kinda curious to just the direction in which the series has gone. How does season 3 compare to the other seasons? Also apparently Twilight's an Alicorn now or something?

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

jstudios wrote:

I haven't exactly watched the show in like a year and I don't exactly want to start watching again but I'm still kinda curious to just the direction in which the series has gone. How does season 3 compare to the other seasons? Also apparently Twilight's an Alicorn now or something?

Season 3 would probably be about as good or better than season 2 if it were not for the fact that season 3 only had 13 episodes.

Twilight is an Alicorn now.
It's kinda an award for learning so much about friendship and being such a good student.

I havent really watched this. These humans... are they some kind of mutant breed between horses and humans? And are they supposed to be in the series? xD

I need a new name! HELP

Wait season 3's over? Oh I thought it was still going. Why was it shorter than the other seasons?

jstudios wrote:

Wait season 3's over? Oh I thought it was still going. Why was it shorter than the other seasons?

I'm not entirely sure.  Some people have guessed it was to make room for the creepy "humans".

But season 4 is going to be a full 26 this time, so that's nice.

Now, I said the humans were a bit better, but just barely.  I'm still hoping that this is more of a concept.  I'm not really excited about it at all, but it hopefully won't affect the primary show.
I really wish they would've just made a show about some other ponies in Equestria.

Wait wait wait, what is this humans thing? I thought the picture above was just fanart.

jstudios wrote:

Wait wait wait, what is this humans thing? I thought the picture above was just fanart.

Spin off series.
It's legitimate.

I hope they just don't do the colorful skin. Real skin tones please. Not the original coat colours.

Fluttershy does look fabulous though. mini/cat

topitmunkeydog wrote:

I hope they just don't do the colorful skin. Real skin tones please. Not the original coat colours.

I'm guessing that they did that to avoid them looking like any specific race.

What, just what?

I really don't like these designs. To me, they look just too weird.

I mean, when you first look at them, you think they are humans, but then you notice the ears and wings and eyes, and you realize they are some sort of mutant human-pony hybrids. Possible born of the nuclear fallout from some great pony war, leaving many ponies dead or mutated into these, THINGS.

"Princess Celestia and her royal family of Alicorns, have turned into brutal tsarist tyrants, leaving many earth ponies poor and without food. They have grown completely negligent to the needs of the people.

Pinkie Pie, now a revolutionary, leads the earth ponies to glorious independence, promising them freedom from magical oppression, and equal status for all. In the final offensive against Celestia, the revolutionist ponies turn to using nuclear weapons, which turn the royal family to dust, but mutates the rest of the land.

Pinkie dies amid the turmoil, but her legacy lives on, as her body is now displayed in the royal palace, which has now become the central governmental house, as a divine tribute to the lives lost in the revolution.

After she dies, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and the pegasi, who are the only people who retain their pre-fallout abilities, seize control of the government. Fluttershy becomes a new leader, pushing the ponies towards worldwide shared wealth and resource. She is assassinated by agents of Dash after she is chased to the desolation that was Fillydelphia.

Rainbow Dash now seizes control of the new communist regime, putting pegasi on top of the social latter. They begin to make trade with other lands, while taking the resources and surplus from hardworking countrymen.

They have now begun learning magic, which was originally banned by the mandates of Pinkie, which stated they must never become like the tyrannous Unicorns.

Apple Jack, one night, sneaks up to the Royal Castle, and, when looking through the stain glass window, cannot tell if the people she is seeing are unicorns, or pegasi."

Something like that. That's how the show should go if this happens.

PONY FARM

"2 hoofs down, total waste of time." Roger Ponybert.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]