Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

So far this thread is kind of like the Adventure Time thread... I'm guessing once production starts again and we have more pony to discuss the thread will become more like the Dr who thread where there is a lot of intelligent discussion.

Season 3 comes out sometime September, so there will be intelligent discussion pretty soon.

My sources indicate season 3 will not come on in September. Try a month or two after that.

Also damn it, now there's two pony threads to keep track of. Nice job breaking it, hero.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

http://digitaljournal.com/article/297290 WOW

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Le bump.

So, I did a pony version of myself with the pony creator. I'll post picture soon.
@Sean
Yes. I had to. I felt like the general public needed a pony thread, and not just the VIP people.

SEASON 3 IN NOVEMBER GUISE

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/10/s … ember.html

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg

mini/delirium
OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGHOSH
Everypony's reaction to season 3 announcement

Last edited by Troodon (October 1, 2012 (02:40pm))

PINKIE. WHAT R U DOIN. PINKIE. STAHP.

http://i.imgur.com/VC6m3.gif

The above is mesmerizing... mini/dizzy

Happy anniversary to Friendship is Magic! mini/bigsmile
Spreading love and friendship since 10/10/10.

Also, this is the most beautiful piece of pony fanart I've ever seen:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/267/1/7/celestia_portrait_3_by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d5fr9rk.jpg

Just looking at it fills me with happy feelings and hope for a brighter future for everyone in the world. mini/cat
Best desktop background ever.

IMPORTANT INFO GUISE
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/46516_424568707592217_348793888_n.jpg

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg

Finally! We have a day! mini/bigsmile

Wow, I can't believe nopony has mentioned the premiere yet on this thread. I only just watched it because I was at a tournament when it came out.
So, it was very well made. The cinematography, art design, all that was great. However I feel that it didn't have the same magic to it as the finale for season 2, the Canterlot Wedding, or either of the other two season premieres. I think one reason why this was not as powerful was because Sombra (that's his name, right?) had almost no background, and therefore was a really boring character (cue fanfiction authors.) Also, the reason why I liked the Royal Wedding so much was because they led us to expect that it was going to be just about Shining Armor and Cadance's wedding. They had all the advertising and made a huge deal about it. And then when it finally aired, I was like, oh my god what is going on. That is something that this lacked I think. I guess if they had spent a little more time on the concept of the Crystal Empire rather than introducing it all at once it would have been more cohesive.

Lol, I'm not disappointed. I purposefully avoided all leaked information about the episode so I wouldn't get my hopes up or whatever. It's nowhere near as good as the other three I mentioned, but the sheer excitement of the new season makes up for that. Maybe it's actually the "slice of life" sort of episodes that I really missed from the show. I guess I will find out next week (same bat-time, same bat-channel!)

Okay, can somepony explain what Gak is? I saw a bunch of memes about it yesterday and I kept expecting it to be some material that Sombra uses to trap ponies or whatever. But there was no mention of Gak in the whole episode... What in the world?

I WANT A FLUGELHORN

topitmunkeydog wrote:

Wow, I can't believe nopony has mentioned the premiere yet on this thread.

Not in this thread, but in the one in the Community forum.

Okay, can somepony explain what Gak is? I saw a bunch of memes about it yesterday and I kept expecting it to be some material that Sombra uses to trap ponies or whatever. But there was no mention of Gak in the whole episode... What in the world?

Not in the episodes, but in the commercials of the first airing.

Apparently, there were tons of back-to-back commercials for the putty toy Gak every commercial break.
More about Gak.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Today's episode was really great. Wow. mini/bigsmile

The first Scootaloo episode. I've waited a while for this. Scootaloo is my favorite pony. It had some really funny scenes, and really hilarious faces, also, Luna, I'm very happy about that.

I liked how RD was cool in this episode, instead of being rather mean and far too self-centered as she's been recently.

i liked the episode a whole lot as you can imagine

Last edited by Just Kidden (December 8, 2012 (04:48pm))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

As much as I like Scootaloo, this episode was not my favorite. Perhaps it was not on par with the last three but I just didn't enjoy it as much. Mind you it was still a good episode, but kind of a let-down in my opinion.
Also, why isn't anypony writing letters to Princess Celestia anymore?

also: BOOOOOOOOOM cube!!

I think with over 55 episodes aired it's a bit of an unrealistic expectation for each new episode to skyrocket to "favourite" status. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode (Character development between Scoots and RD, finally!) but I don;t think an episode has yet topped Sisterhooves Social for me, though Magic Duel came close.

Personally, I don't mind ponies not writing letters to Princess Celestia that often anymore. Although the target audience is still "little girls", I think the message is clear enough for most of the audience. They're treating us like persons who don't need to be told what was it all about, we can think on that by ourselves. It also would have ruined the atmosphere in some episodes, imo.
I really liked this episode, and I like how episodes are getting a darker tone in some parts (especially the beginning of "Magic Duel") while still being colorful and happy overall. Actually, I think the average quality of the episodes is increasing.

Sleepless in Ponyville is probably my favorite episode now just because i'm biased towards Scoots

but WHATEVS

BUt like seriously the episode had some of the best slapstick and crap we've seen in the show so far

The only flaw IMO in the episodes this season is that it seems like they don't have enough time to get the ideas they want to get across out, and it seems like the episodes are more rushed than usual. THe episodes are still enjoyable but it feels like they need more time to make the episode's timing better and whatnot, the episodes often feel too fast or like  feels like things are just getting flipped over

Last edited by Just Kidden (December 9, 2012 (08:26pm))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon