Topic: COLD HIT

Directory Link

COLD HIT

Link Name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4e3lRyQOx4&feature=channel_video_title

Re: COLD HIT

1 thing. FRAME RATE.

The frame rate your using is awfully slow. What FPS (frames per second) are you using? You should boost it up to at least 12 FPS and take more pictures. Sorry if I seem like a nag here, let's turn to something positive. The camera quality was good, it seemed perfectly in focus. You seem to be managing with iMovie well. Just don't put your frames together in iMovie. Use FrameByFrame or SAM Animation (which I'm too lazy to put a link to).

Just keep on practicing and by the way, welcome to BiM!

-LASF

like I said on Brickfilms use a higher frame rate, also stick your camera down with tape, stciky tac, or with a cradle made out of LEGO.

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

thanks guys! ya Im going to be getting a tripod, and remote control to fix the mini/lol  soon!

O and you know how some of the pics are darker than the other any idea how I can fix that?
and what did you guys think of the video besides the (umm frame rate and what not)

Last edited by mada (September 12, 2011 (01:50pm))

WHOA BRO!!! you know there is an edit button so you don't have to post twice in a row. any way are you talking about light flicker?? to fix that use lamps instead of natural light, just record at night with some lamps, or COVER you blinds completely.

Youtube

ya so I work in my basement and there is only one window down there (not very much light is coming threw it) but I still got the flicker so do I need to cover the window up? is there anything I need to do besides that?
also is there a way to upload your photos as your taking them? with out using a web cam?

Last edited by mada (September 12, 2011 (02:07pm))

Also, set your all your camera settings to manual. Light, focus everything.

Oh, I get it. You want to put the pictures on the computer with a standard camera. I've heard some can be plugged into a computer, but I don't get why you want to do that. They would serve the same function. Is your standard camera's quality better than your webcam's? It's possible to get really good quality with a webcam.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

mada wrote:

ya so I work in my basement and there is only one window down there (not very much light is coming threw it) but I still got the flicker so do I need to cover the window up? is there anything I need to do besides that?
also is there a way to upload your photos as your taking them? with out using a web cam?

YES, cover that window, and wear dark cloths, and don't inter fear with the lighting, AT ALL. If you have a cord that connects to your computer, and some stopmotion software, there should be an option where you can make the pictures go into the software as you take them.

Youtube

K thanks for the info!
no I don't unless adobe premiere or after effect is. and as far as I know their not but I may be wrong.
What stopmotion software would you recommend?
minifig051 I don't have a web cam just a mac with one built in.

monkey jam and helium frog are good programs.

Youtube

Oh. Well, what kind of camera are you using? Only certain types of cameras can be plugged into the computer and take video feed.

If you're okay with paying for a frame capture program, get Stop Motion Pro. I use it, and it works well. Be sure to get Action! HD if you want good picture quality.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.