Topic: In Another World

Directory Link

In Another World

YouTube

After viewing some of Darkman (Darkman13forever) and Vik's (VikTheBrik) horror/experimental films*, I decided I'd try making something similar. I'm not quite sure what to think of it, although I am somewhat happy with it.

Enjoy anyway!

*Note, this isn't supposed to be a horror.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: In Another World

Nice animation, but it didn't really seem surreal. Try working more on stories first.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

It was nice, I loved the standing up animation, it was fantastic. The only nitpick I have is that it felt a little random, like the story was going nowhere.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Hmm... I did imagine that the story may come across as being so. It was actually about a man's life. He awoke (Birth), he experienced a happy life (The chair), until it was brought to an unexpected halt (The piano). I just tried to tell it in a more unorthodox manner.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Not bad, I like it. I would have done some angles (and lighting) more surreal like and less standard, though, to not make it lookas if he was playing on the chair for example, which at times it did (Was that intentional?). But nice, I want to see more.

The animation was pretty good. The animation on the chair was excellent. although like everyone said... try being more scary and surreal mini/wink

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

Your cinematography and animation were nicely done. The black expanse was simple, but suited the short. I hope that you'll continue to develop your storytelling, however, as there really wasn't much to this, aside from the supposedly-metaphorical non-sequiters. It felt like you were aping a style before you had developed any substance, which, it seems to me is the wrong way to go about it. That being said, stylistic experiments like this can certainly help to gain experience with which to tell future stories.