Topic: Lego-Terminated

Directory Link

Lego-Terminated

The link

Lego

Elfskater---ELfbRICk

Re: Lego-Terminated

This is probably one of my best projects.:D  (I'm not bumping it)

Elfskater---ELfbRICk

If you didn't want it to sound like a bump, you could've edited your post, or just originally put it in the director's comments, on your first post. Anyways, the animation was alright, could've been better, and the pacing was quite fast. Keep working though. A brickfilmer will never get good, without practice mini/wink.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/base.pnghttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/youtube2.pnghttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/youtube.png
Sig made by RealBrick mini/bigsmile.

legostudiosplus wrote:

If you didn't want it to sound like a bump, you could've edited your post, or just originally put it in the director's comments, on your first post. Anyways, the animation was alright, could've been better, and the pacing was quite fast. Keep working though. A brickfilmer will never get good, without practice mini/wink.

I Don't know how to do most of the features in Bricksinmotion.

Elfskater---ELfbRICk

Elfskater98 wrote:

That's alright, we're all here to learn. mini/mrgreen

As for your brickfilm, not a bad try! Reminded me a lot of my first brickfilms which had gratuitous amounts of sword fighting and sound effects. I liked the skeleton and blood effects, good job! A couple of things to note on the visuals, though:
- Editing. If you take a good close look at your film from 0:10 to 0:14, you will notice that somewhere in the middle there's a cut from one shot to another that doesn't feel right. That's because in between those two shots, there's a one frame picture of something different. For a viewer, this will ruin the illusion of moving LEGO men. Try to find these mistakes and taking them out while you're putting together your movie (after you have shot the animation); it just takes a bit of extra effort and is very rewarding. I don't want too sound too negative, though: I  liked the camera sweep to the guy with the gun, you put some good thought in there.
- Camera. Like with editing, every time you accidentally bump the camera the end result will be a jumpy shot, not pleasing to the eye and ruining the illusion of movement. A helpful way to avoid this is simply to tape down your camera onto your set, or using sticky tack to achieve the same result. Also, take care when you're animating to not bump into other props on your set: when you take a look at the last shot of the guy with the gun, all the stuff around him is moving (probably because you accidentally touched them while animating the guy's movements). Again, sticky tack can be a great tool in keeping things steady.

Hope to see more from you in the future! mini/bigsmile

- BertL

BertL wrote:
Elfskater98 wrote:

That's alright, we're all here to learn. mini/mrgreen

As for your brickfilm, not a bad try! Reminded me a lot of my first brickfilms which had gratuitous amounts of sword fighting and sound effects. I liked the skeleton and blood effects, good job! A couple of things to note on the visuals, though:
- Editing. If you take a good close look at your film from 0:10 to 0:14, you will notice that somewhere in the middle there's a cut from one shot to another that doesn't feel right. That's because in between those two shots, there's a one frame picture of something different. For a viewer, this will ruin the illusion of moving LEGO men. Try to find these mistakes and taking them out while you're putting together your movie (after you have shot the animation); it just takes a bit of extra effort and is very rewarding. I don't want too sound too negative, though: I  liked the camera sweep to the guy with the gun, you put some good thought in there.
- Camera. Like with editing, every time you accidentally bump the camera the end result will be a jumpy shot, not pleasing to the eye and ruining the illusion of movement. A helpful way to avoid this is simply to tape down your camera onto your set, or using sticky tack to achieve the same result. Also, take care when you're animating to not bump into other props on your set: when you take a look at the last shot of the guy with the gun, all the stuff around him is moving (probably because you accidentally touched them while animating the guy's movements). Again, sticky tack can be a great tool in keeping things steady.

Hope to see more from you in the future! mini/bigsmile

- BertL

Thanks! I was using a Logitech Quikcampro 9000 And its quite easy to tape down.I do have apiece of bluetach stuck to the bottom of it so that helps a bit but I will go and buy some more and some tape.

Elfskater---ELfbRICk