Topic: THE HORSES

Directory Link

THE HORSES

YouTube

My new video!  mini/bigsmile

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DEb89AL2f4I/TrtROjk241I/AAAAAAAAAPE/5IanpONeHoE/s1600/BannerBiMLOL.png

Re: THE HORSES

From the moment the horse rider burst through that door, I could tell this film was going to have some good quality animation in it. I was proved right after finishing watching. I couldn't see any light flicker at all. Either that or call me blind. I do suggest that when the minifigure is not riding the horse, fill in the horse's back with a 1x2 lego piece and with a smooth 1x2 flat piece to make it look more realistic.

There was just one other flaw which irritated me throughout the film: the walking. It wasn't the walk cycle, but the sound. Since this was the main sound heard throughout the film, it gets a tad annoying, so maybe next time lower the volume of it in post production. Now I bet you're asking me, "Why not just turn down the volume of your headphones?" My answer to this is because I listen to hear the balance: to see if one sound overpowers the other when it shouldn't.

The plot was a bit random. A man goes to get milk, and comes out finding two horses making out. But in my thoughts, this is the part that made me laugh. It was unexpected and threw me off guard. Great job on this film!

Last edited by Mason (July 9, 2011 (07:58pm))

Just me, but I think it would have been even funnier had the milkman's reaction been more exaggerated and Tex Avery-like. Also, the electronic Yakety Sax was a nice touch.

Fantastic animating and was quite amusing. mini/smile
The walking was loud as Mason already pointed out.
U enjoy the whole weird way the guy just decides he's going to go gets some milk. xD
Only think I really didn't like was that he cursed at the end, even if it was censored, still bothers me.

WHAT THE!!!!!! nice job I give it 4.5/5 mini/delirium

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

Very nice indeed. With the amount of short comedies around it's unusual that you get one that's both funny and original, and fortunately, this is definitely one. I enjoyed the milkman's constant singsong narrative and the build up to the joke. Admittedly the missing piece in the middle of the horse was slightly irritating, it didn't take away from it.

Also, great ending. You have a very good sense comedy, and your punchlines usually deliver just on time.

7/10

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I'm watching it again and again and it's funny every time I watch it! mini/lol

A Twist of Fate | THAC 11: Fish Tale
Youtube | Twitter

"I see… your name is Bernt."

as soon as I saw horse in the title I thought my little pony:p but nice vid!

That reminds me of "A Town Called Panic"
Overall it worked well. mini/smile

Mason wrote:

I do suggest that when the minifigure is not riding the horse, fill in the horse's back with a 1x2 lego piece and with a smooth 1x2 flat piece to make it look more realistic.

I thaugt about that.  But I don't have lots of legos.  And I don't have those peces.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DEb89AL2f4I/TrtROjk241I/AAAAAAAAAPE/5IanpONeHoE/s1600/BannerBiMLOL.png