Re: Community Forum Changes

I actually, agree with this action. I haven't actually spent a lot of time in the actual film making part of the site, so I guess this is to encourage me to start making films again and help others who are making films too.

This is actually a pretty good idea.
I've enjoyed the community page. But it's nice to focus on Brickfilming. mini/smile
I understand your logic in this.

Sméagol wrote:

...and we will allow access to the community forum to members who the staff agrees have consistently shown interest in the real purpose of the community.

So...does this mean that the Community thread is sort of like an airline's executive lounge, that's only open to those who've built up a good reputation, or is the Community thread genuinely closed for business, and only certain members have been grandfathered in?

Personally, I approve of this move. There were so many threads in the Community forum it wasn't even funny. And some stuff, like Onion's "best forum member" thread, was completely unnecessary and downright hurtful to some, or at least it would have been.

Last edited by mcoov (June 30, 2011 (04:48pm))

I agree with Smeagol.  This is a site dedicated to brickfilming, yet the point of that has kind of been lost.

Even though I don't rely on the community forum to keep me interested, I'll still miss it.  But, it's all for da best.

However, I am slightly envious of the people allowed into the community forum.

EDIT: Shouldn't have said anything at all

Last edited by LASF (August 11, 2011 (03:00pm))

Also, I'd like to apologize for helping cause this problem.
Sorry. mini/blankexpression

This is good. I approve. Even though my approval doesn't matter. mini/XD

EDIT: Oh, I was allowed in? Thanks.

-JK

Last edited by Just Kidden (June 30, 2011 (05:42pm))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

EDIT: Shouldn't have said anything

Last edited by LASF (August 11, 2011 (03:01pm))

Let's not get too technical here. It was originally meant for everyone, which is why they called it "Community". But now, because the Community section has nothing to do with brickfilming, only members that have a good reputation are let in. Members that have a good reputation won't troll or post anything unecessary. Think of it as a very small community, okay? That way, it's still a community.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

This is a filmmaking community.  It still should be able to thrive without a place to discuss things that aren't related to the purpose of the site.  As far as I can tell, people who have no reason to be here without such a place have no reason to be here.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I agree completely with this. To an extent the community part was ok but it seems like it has really gone downhill recently.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12980977/sigmachine.png
YouTube uncompleted project: filming not in progress

Ermm, I see it fine, and I'm not staff. is that on purpose?

Yes, you're part of group of individuals deemed to be allowed in. I'm one of them as well.

Nice move Smeagol. I completely agree with this.

Last edited by WelcomeToAwesomeness (June 30, 2011 (10:48pm))

bricksinmotion member of the year

Yeah, you guys don't have to complain because your allowed in, I'm not mini/sad

Improve your reputation and stop complaining, and you might just be let back in.

Indeed, LASF.
I'm not let in, and I'm not complaining.

Heck, that's all I DID was post on the community forum.
And, before you say I complaining, I'm LONGING.
NOT COMPLAINING.

Formerly "brickflix"

I am a nonfilming user...for now.

I think this is a good idea. I've been so hooked on Minecraft & the Minecraft thread that I haven't made any brickfilms! Thank you Smeagol! mini/lol

http://i.imgur.com/RnPzz.png
*Signature made by Mighty Wanderer*
Youtube | Twitter

Good choice.

mcoov wrote:

the Community thread is sort of like an airline's executive lounge, that's only open to those who've built up a good reputation.

Good analogy.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be