Re: Community Forum Changes

topitmunkeydog wrote:

...or is it just that I have a bunch of negative respect points from that silly ban of mine? olol

I'm pretty sure that it's things like this which are keeping you from meeting the bar.

Miaow. I don't understand. That was a legit concern of mine, I was phrasing it in a lighter way. I seriously think that may be one of the issues.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything at all about my acceptance. I didn't realize you couldn't see the forum unless you were accepted. I never paid attention to it even after I got accepted and only went in there once or twice and finally noticed I was accepted. My apologies for any hard feelings or anything that might have been caused by my post.

I think it's still a good thing to not let every new member into the community forums. It makes it alot more comfortable knowing that it won't get spammed entirely with new member that you don't know.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I honestly didn't know you needed acceptance for Community forum. Which is weird, cause i thought i posted it on my first day.

huh

http://i43.tinypic.com/a57vdl.jpg
Current Phase: Scripting, 16% done
View Update Thread Here

topitmunkeydog, it seems like ~80% of the posts I read from you sound like you're yelling. It's a slightly silly criteria, but it does indicate the type of conversation you tend to further/start. Now I haven't gone through your posts and rated each one to come up with this number, it's just a perception. Honestly, I'd forgotten about your ban at this point - my interactions with you as of late have been based on your current behavior.

I personally can say that ever since I learned about the community forum I have been striving to get to it. which is not good I guess. I should focus more on enjoying brickfilming. I don't think that the forum it is that important yet I want to see what it is.
I think I agree with Pritchard Studios said:

Pritchard Studios wrote:

I disagree, why should we be able to discuss such things on a brickfiming site?
There are plenty of other places to talk about MLP, and non-brickfilming stuff, but must we clutter up this site with it?

The community forum is locked for a reason, but no one seems to get that.
People would join, just to comment in the off-topic stuff, that couldn't care less about brickfilming.
If you really want to talk about those things, pick another website, use the same name, and just put "I'm so-and-so from BiM.com," then you can talk all you want. But can we keep BiM to brickfilming...please?

I understand why it's restricted, and if we must have it, that's the way to go, but why have it at all?

This is a Brickfilming site so what is the point of having a community forum.

Coyote Creek Films wrote:

I personally can say that ever since I learned about the community forum I have been striving to get to it. which is not good I guess. I should focus more on enjoying brickfilming. I don't think that the forum it is that important yet I want to see what it is.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

There are plenty of other places to talk about MLP, and non-brickfilming stuff, but must we clutter up this site with it?

People would join, just to comment in the off-topic stuff, that couldn't care less about brickfilming.
If you really want to talk about those things, pick another website, use the same name, and just put "I'm so-and-so from BiM.com," then you can talk all you want. But can we keep BiM to brickfilming...please?

I understand why it's restricted, and if we must have it, that's the way to go, but why have it at all?

i believe you have access to the community forum, since i've seen posts from you in there.

then again i could be wrong

Last edited by CGI Briks (March 1, 2012 (11:50am))

View Update Thread Here

The community forum, or the Community Forum?

The thing inbetween "Website" and "Filmmaking" that has the topics "Other films," "General Film Discussion" and "Chat room" is open to anyone. But the resricted Community Forum is where you can talk about anything and everything.
I'm not sure what it looks like (as I'm not let in mini/shifty ) but it's not the same thing.

Coyote and I aren't allowed in the restriced forum, so neither one of us could have posted there.
But both of us have posted in the non-restricted forum.

Does that clear things up?

Yes it does, lol i feel like idiot now.

But now that i know about it, i want access...

of course i am expecting it to be filled with MLP debates for some reason

View Update Thread Here

CGI Briks wrote:

...of course i am expecting it to be filled with MLP debates for some reason

mini/shifty

For better or worse, the "My Little Pony" discussion thread is, indeed, the most active thread in the Community forum. Other than perhaps Café Corner.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I'm just curious, what do I need to improve on to be accepted in the Community Forum (I want to know because then I can improve and become a better member in general)?

There's not really strict criteria. We just add access for people as time goes along based on who we've noticed to be particularly mature, helpful, and active in the community.

Sméagol wrote:

There's not really strict criteria. We just add access for people as time goes along based on who we've noticed to be particularly mature, helpful, and active in the community.

Then, I'm not particularly mature, haha xD

It doesn't really work like that. You don't post very frequently so nobody thought to recommend you for it. We don't actively screen every single member's posts. Think of it more in the positive sense that it's sort of an honor to get admitted (if you care what WE think, haha), but it's not a diss if you haven't been admitted.

Sméagol wrote:

Thanks! I'll try to be just that.

Coyote Creek Films wrote:

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Well, the brickfilmers on this site might want to get to know each other a little bit more. I mean if you spend a year or more chatting and communicating with these people that are like you, you get quite close to them, even though you've never met them. And I think that's what the Community Forum is here for. Which would also explain why you have to be approved to get in, the Community Forum is a bit more personal and if some kind of stranger joined the site who has nothing to do with brickfilming, it would not be good for him to look in the Community Forum.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

I know I don't make the best posts (and I don't want to complain) but I have been here for over a year and still havent been invited to the community forum. (Maybe make it so after a year you get automatically added to the community forum) ..... Proceed with your lives i'm done with my delayed rant.

buikes wrote:

(Maybe make it so after a year you get automatically added to the community forum)

No, because then someone could make any type of posts that he wanted, and as long as he stuck around for long enough, he would still get in. I like it the way it is, yes, I'm not in, but having a time-limit be the only requirement would make it lose it's "special-ness." And you can get in quickly (look at Spider) if you just make the right kind of posts.

It would just make the forum less exclusive, and what's the fun in getting in a forum that everybody else will be in sooner or later? mini/eh