Re: Introduce Yourselves

We're glad to have you, gbh! I hope that you will continue to feel at home here.

I didn't know you were a father/son team, that's awesome! mini/smile   
I love the Trevor videos, for the videos themselves and how much you have improved, and can't wait to see what else you have coming.

Welcome to BiM, gbh! We're glad to have you here. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Welcome to the forums! I enjoy the Trevor videos! Hope to see more. mini/smile

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

I guess I can introduce myself here. I am Mosh, a nickname I have gotten over time in various things. I have been animating on and off for 8 years, but never took it seriously till the past 2 years. I have only been part of BiM for a short while, but have been to the site hundreds of times before I signed up.

My work includes (the only ones I'm really proud to show):

The Adventures of Lance Toad

Pursuit

The Last Stand (my personal favorite)

A long titled spider-man fight

5 Days On Hoth (an after effects test)

Just discovered this thread, my name is Dave - AKA LegoDave - and I am a complete AFOL . I joined BIM this year. I'm a father of three daughters who reminded me how much fun Lego is!
I have only got into Brick Animation since Christmas last year - before that I dabbled with a bit of plasticine animation. Some of my brickfilms combine these elements. During this year I have increased my Lego collection with modular sets Detective Office and Pet Shop, which are both a great source of bricks. The kids enjoy playing with them as well.
With a busy lifestyle, finding time to animate can be difficult, but I'm managing to make time for the cool hobby!

DNAnimation

Welcome to BiM, Dave! We're glad to have you here.

I kinda like bananas

FINLAND

Hi.  I am Brick Block Animations.  I have been brick filming for 4 years now and intend to continue improving my skill as a filmmaker and collaborate with the fine folks on this site.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Hello everyone, I've been here since Schlaep's fist created the site but haven't been around much. I have an excuse though... I got married, have three kids and joined the army.

These days I have to fight the kids to get any time with the LEGO - and I can't hang onto them long enough to make a film! mini/bigsmile Never mind, they are meant to be played with, not sit in a box in the shed. Very happy to see the community has been thriving.

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

An Old Ore! The community remains alive and well. Not sure if you're already aware, but I'm working on documentary about the brickfilming community, which features several long-time members of the community (Revmen, Jay Silver, dewfilms, GoLego, Errol, KG, slothpaladin)

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (09:37am))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

Woah; An Old Ore. I didn't think I'd see you around again. I see you put the Brickfilms Chronicle back online! Thanks for that; it's an extremely important document for brickfilming history. Unfortunately, none of the links to Brickfilms will work because on top of most of those posts being deleted at the time and then the URL system being changed in a site redesign, pretty much half of all threads have gone missing following the latest redesign, but it's great to have the posts quoted.

Hello again Sméagol! mini/bigsmile Yes, I saw a bit about that project. I have very intermittent internet access, not sure if that situation will improve in August when I go to my next posting but I'm cautiously optimistic. Feel free to drop me an email if there's anything I can help out with. If I can, I will. If I can't, I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Yes sillypenta, can't keep a LEGO addict away! mini/lol Bit sad about what happened to the old BF. I did put a note at the top of the article noting that the links are broken. Quite a lot of the posts that I looked for I found, but since most of the old accounts (including mine) have been deactivated, it makes it hard to find them. I did try and register a new account on BF, but their system is borked. A week later and still no joy. Oh well, this community is alive and kicking. Makes this old brickfilmer very happy to see, especially all the new faces to carry on the hobby.

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

Fall Below Films wrote:

Hello everyone, my name is Noah.

Welcome to BiM!

Dr Neo Lao wrote:

Hello everyone, I've been here since Schlaep's fist created the site...

That sounds way more epic and mythical than I remember.

Fall Below Films wrote:

I LOVE using old Legos for animations! It gives it that nesalgia that I longingly search for in all BrickFilms, which you can probably guess means that some of my favorite BrickFilms were made through 2006-2009.

I know you guys are all whippersnappers in here but, man, 2006 was only like a year or two ago. mini/sad

Hello fellow brickfilmers, name's Rafael (as you can see by my username ). I've joined bricksinmotion around 5 years ago, however i've been completely inactive for the last 3 years or so. That said, i've been trying to get back into brickfilming lately and thought that reintroducing myself to this wonderful community would be a peeerty good start (while sitting all alone in the dark at 3:00am. Gotta love insomnia) Anyway, it's great to be back! mini/mrgreen

Welcome back Rafael! mini/smile

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Welcome everyone I forgot to say welcome to! I'm glad that our userbase is growing/reviving. It's always nice to have new people. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

My name is William. I am a British brickfilmer, originally from Cornwall, but currently live in Wales.

My first film was 'A Bear's Christmas Carol' in 2014, a stop motion film which used teddy bears to tell the classic story by Charles Dickens. My first brickfilm was 'Lego The Haunted House: The Chronicles Of Pandrudica', which was based on a book I wrote when I was 11.

Unlike most brickfilmers, I prefer to film on the floor, rather than on a table. I sometimes use green screen and rig removal (which I use to rub out my hands and string, when I want to make objects fly). After filming, I draw mouth movements on the minifigures' faces on each single frame, when they are speaking. I recommend doing so, if you have the right software, enough time and enough patience.