Topic: Star Wars: Typical Day

Directory Link

Star Wars: Typical Day

YouTube Video Link

A typical day in the life of a Jedi who the Empire just won't leave alone! Let's see how he reacts when they disturb him one day.

C910 is awesome. Gonna try to post an animation EVERY WEEK! SUNDAY or MONDAY!
YouTube

Re: Star Wars: Typical Day

Mehh... The animation was great, but the diologue seemed a bit clunky at times, and the stormtroopers coulda been shooting that whole time they were talking and stuff. I would suggest, if you don't already do this, read your scripts out loud to make sure they sound natural.
3/5

topitmunkeydog wrote:

Mehh... The animation was great, but the diologue seemed a bit clunky at times, and the stormtroopers coulda been shooting that whole time they were talking and stuff. I would suggest, if you don't already do this, read your scripts out loud to make sure they sound natural.
3/5

Thanks for the positive feedback and constructive criticism. The fact that the stormtroopers never shot foreshadows that they could never get the upper hand and, therefore, have to keep interrupting the jedi in order to try and capture him. lol.

C910 is awesome. Gonna try to post an animation EVERY WEEK! SUNDAY or MONDAY!
YouTube

It's been awhile since I've been online with the sole purpose of watching lego movies. With that said, I was surprised to find a lot I liked in this bite-sized tale.

Starting off with the moonwalk was a "step" in the right direction - I know I'm in for some absurd comedy. When the box flies and hits the trooper-you've done a believable hit animation. Your picture is clear, the actions are well animated, and your comedic timing is spot on. Kudos to you for a nicely made short.

Now, on to the criticism:

-The voices for the characters sounded the same. Sure, there were effects added and different voices-but essentially it all melded into one noise which detracted a bit from the experience. Try recording your voice in different ways or get some more family members in on your project. Not all of the audio in this project is created equal. The pops in the dialogue are from being too close to the microphone. Example: ("Are you guys really that poor?")

-The masking on the final brick was a bit sloppy. Part of the shadow disappears and reappears in one frame.

Criticisms aside, I would definitely recommend "Typical Day" to my friends.

Happy animating.
Jared

Sweet telekinetic!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DEb89AL2f4I/TrtROjk241I/AAAAAAAAAPE/5IanpONeHoE/s1600/BannerBiMLOL.png