Re: Progress on next film: Operation Blue Dragon

Anything new?

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t408/Rogeralans/LOGOsigOfficial_zpscdbbba00.png

Okay...

There is some progress on this. But....
I'm in need of some encouragement. Bottom line is that I really got bogged down in sound effects. That's definitely NOT my cup of tea. And got demotivated by my own lack of progress.

So give me some cheers and help me finish this.

Boardron

http://www.windlovers.nl/downloads/OBD/OBD_Banner.png

Come on, you can do it! I am looking really forward to this, don't give up! Sound FX aren't my strong point either. Hip hip, HOORAY, hip hi- yeah, so basically don't give up and I hope you get through this. mini/tongue

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t408/Rogeralans/LOGOsigOfficial_zpscdbbba00.png

Just keep pushing, remember that every sound effect that you add to the project, is one step closer to releasing the film!

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

boardron wrote:

Okay...

There is some progress on this. But....
I'm in need of some encouragement. Bottom line is that I really got bogged down in sound effects. That's definitely NOT my cup of tea. And got demotivated by my own lack of progress.

Boardron

Editing sounds or recording?
(I know those can both be annoying)

I might be able to help though.
I have some very good energy weapons sounds.
Also if you need help editing, you could send me whatever lasers you use, and I could design a scifi war with explosions and such to be played for the off-screen fighting (Depending on how big the fight is).

I also have a really wonderful ambient scifi sound effect which would work well for alien planets.

boardron wrote:

Cheer, cheer cheer! (Was that enough, or do you need more?)
This is an amazing looking project, please don't let it die now. You've made it through filming, you've made it though effects, you've made it though editing, you're on the home stretch!

If you need more cheering, here's some right here.

Come on, Boardron. Never give up, never surrender! (Can anyone name that quote? mini/tongue )
But seriously, this is great quality stuff. Just keep pushing through. mini/smile

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

Your animation skills are good and the sets for this are amazing. From what I've seen this is going to be a great brickfilm, and a lot of people are looking forward to seeing it. I think that when this film is finished you're going to be proud of what you've created. mini/smile

MrLegoProductions wrote:

Come on, Boardron. Never give up, never surrender! (Can anyone name that quote? mini/tongue )
But seriously, this is great quality stuff. Just keep pushing through. mini/smile

Galaxy Quest!

~Hal

boardron wrote:

Bottom line is that I really got bogged down in sound effects. That's definitely NOT my cup of tea. And got demotivated by my own lack of progress.

If you need a very specific sound, you can PM me. I've collected ALOT of sounds trough the years.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I really hope that you don't quit now, after so long, and after getting my hopes up so high mini/bigsmile
Also, I know what you are talking about...I'm not the greatest when it comes to sound FX and music.
So keep in there. mini/smile mini/smile mini/smile mini/smile mini/smile mini/smile mini/smile

P.S. Is there a limit as to how many smilies I'm allowed to post? mini/tongue

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

If you use a specific smiley a lot, it will be taken away from you for quite a while.

Finish this thing, otherwise I'll feel personally hurt and disappointed.
- Jargon, master of guilt trippery

I've really been looking forward to this, so it's sad to know that progress is slow.  I may possibly cry myself to sleep if you give up on this.
(Sorry Jargon, that title goes to me)

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Your film may take a while, but I'm sure that is will be worth its wait in gold. mini/smile

I'm really excited for this film.  I like the Classic Space theme, the set designs are great, and from what I've seen from your teaser the animation is smooth and flicker-free.  Looking forward to the release! mini/smile

(Was I encouraging? mini/tongue )

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

You want inspiration?

The fact i wrote the longest speech around 4 paragraphs long and never got entered lol, so here i write again,
Firstly i'd like to say i love how your doing a Red vs Blue kinda theme and that it's space based which i am really excited for, seeing also all your sets i must say they look ecstatic! I wish you all the best with this project and hope you keep up the great work i know me and many other fans of yours are excited to see this done, and in the end you out of all people will get the most satisfaction when you look back and watch your film and proudly say i made this, so keep trying mate and DON'T give up, for the sake of your film and everyone around you!

Good-luck and best wishes!

Generalned

EDIT: The 4 paragraphs i wrote were mainly on the how to do this, then do that, just for learning purposes pretty much as inspiration took my edge.

If you or anyone here has time to answer some challenging questions i have on stop-motion/lego I'd really appreciate it

Last edited by Generalned (August 27, 2012 (05:26am))

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."
Working on a better community
Proverbs 26:21

Alright, Thank you all for the encouragements and the offers for help...

I'll get cracking on this again and give you guys an update soon!

http://www.windlovers.nl/downloads/OBD/OBD_Banner.png

Please do finish this, can't wait to see it!