Re: Design Flaw

PdoubleyouC wrote:

Is it jsut my imagination, or is BiM dying down as a forum?

As much as I would love to say it's just you, in some respects it is not.

I've looked at some recent threads and it's filled with arguments, last year's end of year awards fell through apparently (and I finished the commentary now hoping to get some revival notice for this year's BiMa...

We've had an influx of newer, younger members while the veterans have left, either announced or unannounced. Some of us are still around, but not too many.

and as for film reviews, it seems nothing has been 'approved' into the film section since well before Design Flaw was release, something like last March.

The directory is being redesigned to eliminate the review panel, as their duties have become essentially unnecessary, and many of them are not finding the time to commit to their posts.

Glad you guys liked it! mini/bigsmile

@mcoov
Sad to hear that's the case... One thing I really liked about the brickfilming community was that it was really open and generally positive to those who were just getting into it. As I've been getting more into cgi animation, I've been posting stuff and writing in the forum called blenderartists, and I don't think I've ever felt so alone...

As for the directory aspect, it seems it just recently was implemented. It's a shame that films won't get the personalized review, I always liked to hear what the respectable review pannel had to say, but it probably is the best move since they can't plausibly keep up with the incoming flow of films. I wonder if it would be a good idea to promote forum members to submit their own reviews to certain films if they choose (of course being moderated before posted, otherwise it would just become a comment space). Just a thought mini/wink

Thanks again everybody, happy brickfilming!

http://theduckcow.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/design_flaw.png
Moo-ack Productions! Latest release: "Design Flaw"~Patrick W. Crawford

Hey there! Nice film. I really liked it. Makes you think that is for sure. And yes, the epic bump was awesome.

As I've been getting more into cgi animation, I've been posting stuff and writing in the forum called blenderartists, and I don't think I've ever felt so alone...

That is interesting. I am on their a lot also (same name). I am a lot more into CG than brickfilming though. To bad you feel that way.

Glad you liked it mini/smile You can check out the content commentary I put on the same channel if you want "more to think about" mini/wink

As for blenderartists, I guess it's more to do with minimal to no response to most things I create, and though a good artists shouldn't be driven or solely motivated by the responses of the audience, it certainly has high impact. Outside of BiM I use the username TheDuckCow if you're curious…

http://theduckcow.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/design_flaw.png
Moo-ack Productions! Latest release: "Design Flaw"~Patrick W. Crawford

Good job, really! I enjoyed it very much. And your sets are awesome  mini/smile

I have just released Indiana Jones and the Mystical Gemstone, you can watch it here!

Great!

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors