Topic: working on an epic film idea. (Same here)

I realize the title is getting annoying and overused, but that's what I am doing. It's a Johnny Thunder film, and I need an object that he is searching for. It should be connected to religion, but it doesn't have to be, and it should be of great power or importance. I originally had him searching for the blood diamond, then four elemental diamonds. (I came up with both ideas before I had heard of the term "Brickfilm." mini/eek )

Re: working on an epic film idea. (Same here)

I don't really understand why the title says "working on an epic film idea"

Is it supposed to be set in the jungle? Or in the desert?

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

All over the place, but mostly the desert. It's an Indiana Jones style film. There will be some mention of Dr. Jones.

I would come up with characters that you made up. There are just so many LEGO indiana jones type films.

It should be connected
to some kind of religion
or maybe not at all
should be of great importance

There's an object that you're looking for
but you don't know what it is...
do you...
Dr. Jones?

Hmm... I know you said mostly in the desert, but I somehow thought of the Sahara desert which let me to think of the Dead Sea which led me to think of the Dead Sea Scrolls.  That's a possibility?

"Heal the world.  Make it a better place...." -Michael Jackson
"I like to stroke them." -Hazzat
http://bit.ly/jzKLdD ←YouTube!
-Jedi Master, DarthVincentPrice, who's retired...again... from the animation. Voicing's still a go!

If you want to keep in the flavor with the rest of Johnny Thunder's adventures, then make it something tongue-in-cheek.
Like "The Horn of Africa", or something similar. mini/wink  Horn of Africa , Lego horn1Lego horn2

GET DA BOOM MICROPHONE OUT OV MA FAAAACCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could do something with "The spear of destiny".
The story goes that the spear used by a roman soldier to stab Jesus when he was on the cross. It apparently fell into the hands of Hitler at the beginning of WWII. When some guy called General Patton found the spear in a bunker under Nuremberg and realized what it was, Hitler, at that very moment,  committed suicide. The US get the spear and then becomes the new world power.
And the spear actually exists too. It is kept in Vienna, Austria. You can find out more here: http://petragrail.tripod.com/spear.html

Interesting, I like the "Spear of Destiny." Do you know where they found it in 1938?

mcoov_studios wrote

Interesting, I like the "Spear of Destiny." Do you know where they found it in 1938?

Some website said:

Like most holy relics, the history of the Spear of Destiny is complex and difficult to authenticate.

So guess that means you can just make most of it up.

What about Pandora's box? You could make it that the Nazis were searching for this to release the powere within the box to try and concer the world.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

D-Day at Omaha Beach.

Call me stu.

Try making a western. This world needs more westerns. AND MONKEYS TOO.

I completely agree with BertL

Last edited by Danimation (January 2, 2009 (03:29am))

well Tie in medieval history and biblical events and  you will be fine.

LOINS

the wild west, medieval events, biblical history, and monkeys...

that would be the best film of all time.

Hell YEAS!

LOINS

You may want to PM Badger about using the ideas created for the ill-fated community project Adventure. The concept was a lot like what it sounds like you're working on. We had been working on a script for a couple of months and actually got pretty far on it, but eventually scrapped it due to lack of interest and because it wasn't particularly community friendly.

Either that or the biblical western knight monkeys thing. That sounds awesome, too. http://www.shrani.si/f/1F/QA/3UzKvyj9/monkey.gif

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

How about the quest for the "Knife of Souls"?

When the Knife kills someone, their soul enters the knife, making each kill more painful than the last!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

How do you even categorize a film as epic?

Last edited by lil'jj (January 6, 2009 (07:23pm))