Topic: tim & fRED Halloween Special

Directory Link

tim & fRED Halloween Special

Youtube

This is an entry for the Aniexer-size Animation Contest - Halloween Edition. Man, I managed to make this one almost 3 times longer than my last entry, I'm proud of myself. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Re: tim & fRED Halloween Special

First off, Great animation!  good part was the chase scene. nice werewolf movements:)
All of this is good stuff. Keep up the good work.
Did I hear Keshen8's voice?:D

General armendariz wrote:

First off, Great animation!  good part was the chase scene. nice werewolf movements:)
All of this is good stuff. Keep up the good work.
Did I hear Keshen8's voice?:D

Why yes you did. mini/wink
Thanks, man!

Awesome sauce. It's nearly flawless. mini/smile

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

Awesome Filmyguy.  Obviously, you can't talk about one of your films without mentioning the animation, and this is definitely no exception to that.  Everything was beautifully animated, not much else to say.  I thought the voice actors were great too and it was great fun.

The 'fun' part is also my biggest problem with it, since it's an entry to the AniExer-size contest.  I feel the same way as Smeagol, that most people haven't really embraced trying to make something actually frightening, which to me is kind of strange since that's kind of the point of the whole thing.

But, if taken out of the context of the contest, than this is definitely one of my favourites from you mini/yes

Wow. Amazingly animated, and fun movie. Also great lightning
Good stuff.

The animation and camera work were top notch. The last scene is very similar to a scene in my upcoming Halloween Benny n' Lee... I hope nobody accuses me of copying you. mini/lol

Awesome like always. Smooth animation, and great great great lightning. mini/smile
This is why I love halloween. Awesome brickfilms (and awefull debuts, like me (remember people?)).

5/5 and a marrige proposal

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Very nice animation and voice acting! The werewolf was very convincingly animated! I love the part when he jumps to the roof.
Keshen's voice acting was great and made me laugh.
You will have a very good chance at winning this contest, good luck!

The animation was spectacular, as it has been noticed already mini/tongue But overall, great film. Good luck in the contest.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

While I can't say that it was particularly scary or frightening like what we're looking for in the contest, I must commend you on your incredible technical qualities. The animation was phenomenal, as usual for you, and the lighting and cinematography were also excellently executed (I loved the subtle camera movement as Tim runs away from the fuse box).

Outstanding job!

translation from everybody, you kick ass mini/lol

I have awesome sauce in my veins! Which i sprinkle on each of my videos to give it an extra dose of aweomseness!

www.youtube.com/NFfilmz

Most Brickfilmers have their own unique animation style which comes naturally to the way they do what they do, so I can usually tell who the animator is just by looking at their animation. These differences are usually very minor, but your animation style is completely different from anyone else's. You pay such great attention to the gravity of the movements of objects. Things like the bin lid bouncing up and down when the wolf guy was scrambling around in there, or when the guy jumps from the ladder to the bin to the ground and you see the way his limbs move to compensate his body movements. You put such great emphasis on all the movements, and I think that's really important because in Brickfilming the movements essentially sell the character.
The down side (or maybe up side) is, because your animation is so good, the realism is kind of creepy sometimes and only really works for the darker styles of Lego animation.
When I do comedy (or try) I attempt to make my Lego characters awkward and uncomfortably inadequate, because that's how I see them in those situations, and I usually do that with very simple up and down, side to side animation. If I did a comedy piece with your great animation style it wouldn't work to my liking. And I think that's why pixar fails at comedy.
My point is, when it comes to animating minifigures and objects, you're easily the best around. Great stuff Sean, keep it up. mini/sunnies

Last edited by Keshen (October 30, 2009 (05:43pm))

well i was going to say the same thing keshen mini/rolleyes  lol

I have awesome sauce in my veins! Which i sprinkle on each of my videos to give it an extra dose of aweomseness!

www.youtube.com/NFfilmz

Wow. I am amazed. I think you must be the smoothest animator here right now (I think.)

Like keshen said, you have such a firm grip on the realistic side of everything. The animation was great, story was funny and easy to follow, and character and cinematography design was outstanding.

I love this film. Tell me though, how did you do the motion blur? Was it in camera? If so, how? mini/confused

Persist.

You. Are. Amazing.

How do you get such great animation? The movement is so lifelike and smooth, you make everything they do feel so natural with a bit of cartoonish animation mixed in. This was nearly a flawless film, keep it up! mini/delirium

Wow, very nice feedback. Maan thank you so much, guys. I didn't expect this much.

MooCJ wrote:

I love the part when he jumps to the roof.

That's actually a Back to the Future reference I put in there. mini/tongue

magicoflego wrote:

Tell me though, how did you do the motion blur? Was it in camera? If so, how? mini/confused

It's so simple it's funny, just hold the minifigure on a stick and wave it around in front of the camera while snapping frames with your free hand. Then just mask the stick out in editing. Done right, it gives you that nice blur.

I wish I could write a long response to the great reviews especially from francypants, Mindgame and Keshen, but I can't find the words right now.
A bit shocked and relieved (not to mention very tired), all the same I'm glad you liked it so much and grateful of your great words. mini/smile
Thanks again so much, guys and I wish you all an awesome Halloween!

You can also add motion blurs in gimp

This is flawless. A definite Halloween phenomenon, it deserves to win. Or at least some second. mini/sunnies

Check out our new film - Advert! mini/delirium

You know, this deserves more than one page of comments.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png