Re: Where has LEGO gotten?

I like to use the big buildings as backdrops

Duke Boy wrote:

Yeah, like Anakins hair in the clone war sets can be useful.

Take maggosh for example!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/bluebrickstudios/Sigs/rs_sig.png

The smaller sets make it easier to get minifigs.
And not one of us here can honestley say "I dont need MINIFIGS!".
So they do have uses

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

Cartoonkid98 wrote:

And not one of us here can honestly say "I don't need MINIFIGS!".

On the contrary, I can think of many films that don't use a single minifig. You could make all of your brickfilms without any minifigs at all.

BTW, nice bump mini/wink

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Although there are some films out there with no minifigs (Playback, Little Guys, etc), I think it's preeeeeety safe to assume that we all have, want and need minifigs. Remember, Little Guys wasn't David Pagano's only film!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Minfigs are the people you need to make a convincing story, (or -ofcourse- you can do it Pagano's way)

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

What about using BRICKS as you caracters.

You, Duke Boy, wrote:

What about using BRICKS as you caracters.

I, 3 posts up, wrote:

Although there are some films out there with no minifigs (Playback, Little Guys, etc), I think it's preeeeeety safe to assume that we all have, want and need minifigs. Remember, Little Guys wasn't David Pagano's only film!

Which can be answered with what T.G-Tom wrote:

Minfigs are the people you need to make a convincing story, (or -ofcourse- you can do it Pagano's way)

Things become clear when you look at things differently.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

mini/lol

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Just use pants as your character. You don't need anything else than legs and eyes anyways. (The studs count as eyes.)

Also, you might want to take a look at some 10 Brick contest entries and stop crying your eyes out about how much you need and want minifigs. I remember that time when creativity was abundant and PE still made psychedelic films that somehow still made sense.

You peeps also might want to take a look at animating in microscale LEGO, where your "characters" are round 1x1 bricks. KG did a film like that years ago involving a microscale helicopter and cops and it was awesome.

Also, I can't believe the 10 Bricks contest was 5 years ago! MAAAN we should do that again sometime.

Last edited by BertL (October 9, 2009 (02:56am))

Exactly, you don't need lots of minifigs to make a great brickfilm.

ALSO might I remind you all of 1xY by Errol, about a 1x4 plate (or actually it's 1xY because it changes length in fight scenes) trying to survive in a world full of 2x4 plates. Still some of the best fighting EVAR. It's of Brain Damage-esque quality, but still very much in Errol's unique and awesome style. But to get back to the point, PLATES, YOU GUYS. PLATES ZOMFG.

Duke Boy wrote:

Exactly, you don't need lots of minifigs to make a great brickfilm.

But they help.

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am