Topic: Bodville - Go Mini Man Go

Directory Link

Bodville - Go Mini Man Go

YouTube HD

Created for the Gizmodo "Go Mini Man Go" Competition. This was my 2nd Brickfilm and it took me about 2 weeks to make.

Last edited by bodville (September 1, 2009 (06:21am))

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

Re: Bodville - Go Mini Man Go

That was great, the picture quality was much better in HD, and the animation was by far the best part about it.

9/10

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

That was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mini/delirium

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

It was shot using a video camera so the quality wasn't the best.
Some of the walk cycles are dodgy as.
But when I edited the dancing I laughed long and hard.

CrimStories

I really enjoyed this.  The walk cycles had a very cartoony feel, which went with the rest of the animation.  My biggest complaint was the vague/abrupt ending.  Was this animated on twos, or was it 24 FPS?

Also, don't be surprised if some of the users don't know what "dodgy as" means mini/tongue  that kind of phrase isn't really used much around America.

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

Great short, loved the transformation, the creativity was out of range (which means awesome dude!) I loved the animation since it was very smooth fast and I liked the burnt lego guy at the end of the film! Poor dude. That was ninja style man! Props! mini/wink

40% of people causing car accidents are caused by drunk driving. Drive drunk, it's safer.

You are definitely the most underatted Brickfilmer ever.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

The dancing was really great! Also the fast minifig changes in the end. Liked it.

ブリックフィルマー

yay! another wondeful piece of animation !
I've only been disturbed by the abrupt ending. But the rest was awesome ! you're my new hero, Bodville!:cool:

http://imgs.imagup.com/member5/1242510318_banniere_clicclac.png

You won this didn't you Dave? I'm annoyed since they only ever awarded the first 5 placegetters when they said there would be quite a number of runners-up prizes as well, but they never awarded them. Anyway, well done, your sets were very detailed and the animation was smooth, though perhaps a bit fast at times.

Whittleberry wrote:

You won this didn't you Dave?

Yeah but not with this film. Train 2 Catch was the winning entry. I was hoping they would also list the other entries because the subjective nature of judging meant that a few that were really good might not have been judged well. The prize went missing in the postal system, never showed up. I contacted Lego and then ended up sending me another set almost a year later. It wasn't a MISB but that's ok, at least I got all the peices out of the box and built it.

CrimStories

me wrote:

The prize went missing in the postal system, never showed up

A small update to this tale. Lego very generously sent me a Firehouse modular set as way of smoothing out the disapointment of the classic set that got lost. They were under no obligation but did it anyway. I have to admit the few dealings I have had with TLC have all proven what an unique company they are. I will have to make a film a some point where I can film that set.

CrimStories

It was REALLY good, except a few times I caught some light flicker. What pixel resolution did you use? (example: 1600 by 1000)

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png