Re: Missing pieces in new sets?

I never lose pieces..

I didn't get another wheel in one of the bikes I got from community workers, and I had the front of a trike missing too, but I never did anything about it because I already had 3 trikes and 2 bikes. To call them for just pieces I don't really need anymore of is just silly.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

I've never been missing pieces, in all of the 26,000 pieces I have. Although once I got a brick that had been badly molded, but I got a replacement. LEGO's customer service are so fantastic I never worry about anything that happens.

Sméagol wrote:

Has anybody here had a problem with pieces missing from new sets they have purchased?

I have not had this problem in the past, but I recently ordered a LEGO Factory custom set, and it was missing 44 pieces, which was about 20% of the total order.  Not a very high success rate!  I also bought a new set recently, it was missing 1 piece and had about 1/4 of the set again in extra pieces.  I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to have that many extras, not that I would complain about it if none of the pieces had been missing.

I haven't had a problem with missing pieces. My only minor difficulties would be shipping and sold out items (sale or popular).
TLC's customer service department is top notch. You might want to give them a call about your situation. I'm sure they will be more than happy to correct it.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

I bought an LDD set I made for my friend, and it only had 4 bricks in it. It should have had 266. mini/eek

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

Hmm this has never happened to me,

User formerly known as "LEGO"

I have bad luck with that. I am ussuly missing a lot of pieces mini/confused

Well, I got the Town Plan for my birthday last summer. All the pieces came with it, but my dad didn't want the piles in categories so he made me jumble up all the pieces and pile them all on a table. Now it's nearly impossible to finish it mini/sad

^Why did your dad not want it in catogories

Yeah Spud, my Mom criticizes it when I jumble them. She also doesn't like when I build near the doorway, which I have done in teh past.

Anyway, my Passenger Plane came with a piece that was a bit messed up, but I forgot what happened. Also, my Rogue Shadow came missing the first instruction booklet so I downloaded the PDF.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Well, if it's missing peices, just file a compalint to TLC, and within a wekk you'll get the new peice. I did that, and it worked.

Yechi Hamelech!

I've been extremely lucky with my purchases. I have a pretty substantial collection and I've never been missing a single piece.

:::: !important is the Jedi mind trick of CSS ::::

uhm..
Yesterday I got my Medival Market Village Place...
I missing over 15 pieces, including 2 of the round tree-arms...

I once filed a complaint to TLC about how Super-Battle-Droid arms and legs always break, and they sent my enough arms/legs to replace the entire set!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Schlaeps wrote:

I've been extremely lucky with my purchases. I have a pretty substantial collection and I've never been missing a single piece.

Nor have I. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

I had some missing pieces in town house luckily I managed to build it.

-Brain Wave

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

Missing pieces has almost always happened to me. And it is extremely annoying, I must say.

The Heaven System
Watch it now!

mario72 wrote:

uhm..
Yesterday I got my Medival Market Village Place...
I missing over 15 pieces, including 2 of the round tree-arms...

Ouch. That's bad. The only time I was ever missing a peice was from the propellor from the back of a helicopter in a coast guard set, but I had a spare.

Yechi Hamelech!

I recently recieved the Imperial Star Destroyer and the X-wing. I was missing one piece from each set. And I jumped through the "online" hoops as well, so we will se what happens next. They were important pieces but they did not stop the build.

Brifx

maggosh wrote:
Schlaeps wrote:

Nor have I. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

Same here, I'm guessing that I'm with you lot. mini/smile

-storgero

YouTube | PlayStation Network: storgero | Xbox LIVE: storgero | Steam: storgero