Topic: BRAWL - Thought Process

Directory Link

Thought Process

vimeo

My entry to BRAWL 2009, and my first 'official' brickfilm. (So yes, I know there is much needing improvement.)

The original idea for the film had been something like the book 1984; something along the lines of starting off in a stairwell in a normal public building on a normal day, where the viewer got to hear the peoples' thoughts. Then things would get somewhat creepy until the reader learned that the government was monitoring the peoples' thoughts. So, yeah... No story, really. Just a small film intended as a 'picture' of sorts (which, due to time constraints and lack of sleep, didn't pull together very well at all.)

Last edited by Euphreana (August 30, 2009 (02:39pm))

I never plan on buying anything when I go to the Lego Store.
Strangely enough, I always wind up finding something that makes me ditch those plans.

Re: BRAWL - Thought Process

that was pretty creative, and great for your first brickfilm. liked it. mini/bigsmile

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

Yeah, cool concept.  I imagine a set like that would be quite tedious to animate with, certainly didn't pick an easy place to start.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Wow that was cool mini/bigsmile .
I really like the idea of this. It's really creative and unique in its kind.
And also this is very well done for a first brickfilm!
A+!

I loved this...especially the set...it must be painful animating all those minifigs in a such a complicated set..with more than 3 peoples, I'm lost... mini/wink

Wow. A lot better than my first Birckfilm.

My personal favorite BRAWL film.

You have a lot of things to improve on. Voice acting, animation, lighting, camera work - could all be better, but the concept held up well. I love how you didn't dive into amateurish storytelling by trying to explain everything or tell a complex story in a small amount of time. You left it what it needed to be - just a sliver, a picture, something to intrigue the viewer.

- Leo

Wow, I certainly didn't expect such a response! Thanks everyone for the comments; yes, the set wasn't the easiest to work with, and unfortunately, I seem to have a bad habit of always trying to jump straight into things. (Heheh.)

Strangely enough, I always wind up finding something that makes me ditch those plans.

Not a bad film. The story was simple, but well-executed. There are two  things I wanted to point out, however:

1. You animated some of the characters as if they were talking. If what we heard was their thoughts, they should have gone on as if no one could hear them. If they really were talking, it was unclear.
2. I was hoping that the orwellian revelation would come by showing the government's response to a person's thoughts, rather than simply showing the monitoring.

It was a great film, especially for a first time. Looking forward to more!
- Aaron

Thank you, Jargon! When no one points out anything, I start getting concerned. *grin*

1. True. That had actually crossed my mind when I was animating the opening shot, but in the rush of BRAWL, I pretty much forgot about it. No one spoke in the film, so yeah. My bad.
2. I had had something like that in the original concept, but had to cut it due to lack of time. But I agree, that probably would have been better.

Thanks for pointing those out!

That was really good for a first film. The set looked really hard to animate
in. One of my favourite BRAWL films.
The voice acting and the lighting need improvement but its still a really
good enjoyable film.

Wow,that was amazing for a first film.I can forgive the set bumps,as such a cramped set would be annoying as hell to animate in.The voice acting was extremely good, the animation average,the concept and story really nice.
Possibly my favourite BRAWL films.

7.5/10

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

This is perfect for your first brickfilm! Especially that you put in brawl! When I first started, ive never heard of Bim AND I thought forrestfire101's films where good! mini/wink

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

I have never seen such talent in a first film before. I like the story, and the set fitted so well. I can see you suffer from light flicker, and the sound is not to good at some points. Also, the animation is average. But for a first... wow. That gets a 7/10 from me. mini/wink

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Loved it!

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.