Topic: BRAWL The Thinking Machine

Directory Link

BRAWL The Thinking Machine

YouTube
Media Fire (downloadable)

This was my entry to BRAWL It took me 'till  7 Hours before the competition to get it submitted. It was also my first attempt at the darkeer more serious style of brick-film.

Last edited by Goliathan (August 30, 2009 (06:35am))

Re: BRAWL The Thinking Machine

A nice little film mini/smile .

Great sets! They were highly detailed and large. The animation was a bit rushed, but that was because of the time constraint I guess mini/smile. Everybody suffers from it I think. The story was hard to understand, but it was Ok.
My major complaint is that most of the dialogue is not animated, making it hard to understand and see who is talking. I was also irked by the sudden scene changes. One moment they are in their car and the next moment they are already there. Again this makes it hard to understand the story. Adding establishing shots helps this.

Overall: A good BRAWL film 3/5!

Infurno wrote:

A nice little film mini/smile .

Great sets! They were highly detailed and large. The animation was a bit rushed, but that was because of the time constraint I guess mini/smile. Everybody suffers from it I think. The story was hard to understand, but it was Ok.
My major complaint is that most of the dialogue is not animated, making it hard to understand and see who is talking. I was also irked by the sudden scene changes. One moment they are in their car and the next moment they are already there. Again this makes it hard to understand the story. Adding establishing shots helps this.

Overall: A good BRAWL film 3/5!

I agree with you on all those points. Most of that is because of the time constraint I didn't even get started filming until Wednesday because of lack of voice actors.

A nice film with with an easy to follow plot mini/smile The animator got a bit lazy towards the middle which is noticable when the mini-figs are talking mini/lol  Still quite an enjoyable film none the less.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

Though there seem to be vital parts missing, one thing that got me was the sound design - its awesome.

Not bad at all! mini/smile

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

You've improved a lot since the last film I've seen from you (which was Vending Machines Of the Future), great job! mini/smile

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Thanks Guys! Keep it coming.

That was pretty good. I think the lighting (especially at the end) needs work though, and the framing could have been better, so basically you just need to improve on your cinematography a bit. The story was good, although I did get a bit confused on when it switched to the jailhouse so fast. Good animation also!
Nice work.

Thanks filmy guy.  I couldn't fix a lot fo that stuff because of the deadline. I hope to release a re-dux where all the major errors are fixed.