Topic: STAR: Unreal cell

Directory Link

Unreal cell

Youtube
Mediadire download

My entry into the STAR contest. The film follows a criminal who is caught by the police and then placed in an "Unreal cell". The film was intended to be longer, but was cut short due to the film deadline.

Re: STAR: Unreal cell

I really liked this film. The animation was really good especially the wall climb and the tennis game in the unreal cell. It would have been nice to see the outside of the cell, say he was in a machine with guards and scientists nearby or perhaps we learn that he's not in a cell but in a coma.

_2014

I really enjoyed the first scene; It was really well animated.
The part with the palm tree was also just as entertaining. The end was really well done.
Great job!

Great animation. Probably one of my favorite STAR entries.

Really liked the white expanse bit.

Heh, funny, but i agree with this;

randomparrot wrote:

It would have been nice to see the outside of the cell

YOU QUOTED ME?!??!]

randomparrot wrote:

It would have been nice to see the outside of the cell, say he was in a machine with guards and scientists nearby or perhaps we learn that he's not in a cell but in a coma.

Yeah, that was part of the origional plan, but I only just finished the animation for this on Friday morning, and I had to leave for the weekend around 2:00, and so I had nowhere near enough time to animate all the shots I wanted, but I'm still happy with the end result.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Unreal Cell
2.5/5

Interesting film. I thought that the score held it back quite a bit, and the technical aspects, especially the white expanse, could have used some work. (Just some simple color editing on the white expanse in a basic editor could have made it perfect) Still, you had an interesting concept, although I wish you had built a story out of it instead of what seemed like an opening scene to a longer film.

- Leo

The opening scene was animated really well. But maybe if there was a bit more explaining why he was sent in the unreal chamber ? Anyway, I really enjoyed it. Good job mini/smile.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

The blue-tac was a bit of a distraction but it meant you were able to do better animation.
The flash back of the merry-go-round I thought was funny.
It started to fall a bit flat towards the end but it was still a fine effort. Well done.

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

While interesting to watch, I didn't get it.  A guy with ninja moves gets assaulted and captured and wakes up in Wonderland but there's no ending?  It just stops.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

Leonardo812 wrote:

[...]I thought that the score held it back quite a bit [...] especially the white expanse, could have used some work. (Just some simple color editing on the white expanse in a basic editor could have made it perfect) [...] I wish you had built a story out of it instead of what seemed like an opening scene to a longer film.

Thanks for the review. Had I got more editing time, I would have created a better score and colour editing (though a method on how to colour edit would be appreciated). I agree that there was little story, and that was the origional plan, but again time was limited, and instead of developing the story of him indide the chamber, I decided to use this as an opportunity to experiment, and put a minifigure in different situations, and see how they might react, I understand what you mean by "an opening scene to a longer film", as the film sort of leaves you wanting more. Once again, given more time I would have rounded off the film as it were, and I accept that this is completely my fault for bad planning, meaning I ended up with very little editing time.

Brain wave wrote:

[...] bit more explaining why he was sent in the unreal chamber [...]

More time...

bodville wrote:

The blue-tac was a bit of a distraction

Yeah, I completely agree, that would have been easily edited out, given more time.

Lechnology wrote:

I didn't get it

I knew someone would say that. It was intended to be clearer, but the planned (and failed) shots would have explained the plot more

Lechnology wrote:

A guy with ninja moves gets assaulted and captured and wakes up in Wonderland but there's no ending?  It just stops.

That's a brilliant summary of the film, though it wasn't meant to be wonderland mini/tongue
The "no ending" bit I semi-explained in my comment to leonardo's reveiw, though in this version, I guess he was supposed to spend the rest of his time inprisoned on a roundabout mini/bigsmile

I may release a directors cut to fix these numerous flaws, though that will be unlikely

A nice well done short. Added to my list of favourite STAR entries.

I liked this film a lot especially the opening scene. It just could have used more explaining.

It's an alright film, animation was a little choppy the fighting scenes might have not been up to date, but like the review said, probably not worthwhile watching it more than two times mini/confused

40% of people causing car accidents are caused by drunk driving. Drive drunk, it's safer.