Topic: Another one by my 10 yo son

This is a little bit of a more ambitous attempt.

Yes, I did help with the special effects. Apart from that all SMA done by him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3OHgyT0L4

Once again please be kind, he is only 10. lol

cojaco61

Re: Another one by my 10 yo son

only ten?! my 9 year old brother can do better then that. (sorry)

cojaco61 wrote:

Once again please be kind, he is only 10. lol

LivingLego doesn't know how

Lil'jj is right. I'll check this out later. I'm on my mom's iPhone. mini/bigsmile

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

kinda good.no walking though. what is this supposedto be anyway?

Well for a start, get rid of the light flicker. Make sure the room you're animating in has a consistent light level throughout shooting (don't use natural light).

It was just my boy experimenting around. Not supposed to "mean" anything.

Yeah light flicker is probably from his arm being between the light source and the set, so when he hits space bar it interuppts the light.

But thanks for the "mostly" kind replies. As for livinlego, if you are going to be nasty make sure you check your spelling. Think I might go check out some of your masterpieces.

Last edited by cojaco61 (June 28, 2009 (10:06pm))

It needs some improvement, but it is better than the average brickfilmer on youtube. Not bad.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

livinglego wrote:

I do not think you were so much better the first time you tried this eather...

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

Not bat for the first attempts mini/bigsmile

The animation was pretty good. Now he just needs to work on making the minifigs more lifelike mini/bigsmile Here is a good tutorial for walking: http://www.mediafinearts.com/legomation … torial.pdf

Also as somebody said about the light flicker, try film in a dark room with preferably 2 lamps, and wear dark clothes.

As I said, He's good for a 10 year old.

livinglego wrote:

Don't be a !@#$%^.

Last edited by Rsteenoven (June 29, 2009 (03:16am))

Yeah, once again thanks for the "constructive" criticisms.

The setup was very makeshift, next project is to get a proper table setup, with even the addition of a Green Screen area. Once I get the garage cleaned up, hmmmm, one day!

Thanks for the dark room/dark clothes hints.

One day i might have to put up some of my own SMA's, trouble is my son is better than me, lol. But have to make use of the tonne of Lego he has, i paid for it I might as well use it.

Cojaco61

Please excuse livinglego; he's not very mature. This is just another case of a recently joined member thinking he's already an expert and acting arrogant about it; don't take it personally.

Livinglego, last time I checked you weren't so great yourself. And has it ever struck you that acting this way only makes you one of the most disrespected people on the site? Yes, acting immature can really harm your reputation amongst us. If I heard someone say "Immature and rude" I would automatically think "Livinglego".

Sorry, but I have about had it with the way you act.

For a 10-year-old with little or no experience, this is great! Keep it up and he will improve lots and lots.

livinglego wrote:

He has no experience. And his animation standard isn't very different from yours.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.