Topic: walking tutorial/test

here is a walking tutorial/test i made yesterday, the light flickers where terrible to which i responded by making it in black and white. the reason for the light flickers is that i currently do not have my studio with me and had to make do in a room with unwanted outside light mini/eek
anyways, here is my walkcycle, hope you enjoy, give insight on how i can better this, or maybe even learn something new!

here ya go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ONP0icB … annel_page

insight and insults are welcome (minus the insults plz. it just sounds cool to write it that way)
mini/smile
-flip

Re: walking tutorial/test

Is that 15 fps? it looks more like 8. And there's also some light flicker.

yes it was 15fps on monkeyjam, and the light flicker (like i have already said) is bcuz i dont have my studio/closet with me mini/wink

-flip

If it was with MonkeyJam, then I know what happened. When you imported or captured your images there should've been a box that says "Hold To" and under it there is a number. make sure it's on 1 not 2. If it's on 2, then 1 image will take up 2 frames, and it will be 7 1/2 fps.

Sleuth5000 wrote:

If it was with MonkeyJam, then I know what happened. When you imported or captured your images there should've been a box that says "Hold To" and under it there is a number. make sure it's on 1 not 2. If it's on 2, then 1 image will take up 2 frames, and it will be 7 1/2 fps.

thank you! no wonder it looked like 8 mini/tongue
i will be sure to do this in the future.

-flip

Yes, as mentioned before, that was certainly not 15fps. Also, I think that the arms swung way too much - it didn't look natural at all. I think you should get some more practice before making a tutorial on the subject. mini/wink

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Hazzat wrote:

Yes, as mentioned before, that was certainly not 15fps. Also, I think that the arms swung way too much - it didn't look natural at all. I think you should get some more practice before making a tutorial on the subject. mini/wink

yeah, i realized that after i made it. i guess it shouldnt have been a tutorial but  just a test. i will work on my walkcycle much more from now on.  and i thank you guys for the helpful comments mini/bigsmile

-flip

Frame 3 is wierd, you wouldnt stop in the middle of a walk to make your arms more swingy, he needs to be moving forward all the time at least a bit.