Re: out of socket animation, with a twist

Hamrichonn wrote:
Legolightbulb wrote:

I’m trying it but I don’t think my tack is strong enough. that is a great way to do it though!

Glad you think so! I am looking forward to how it turns out mini/smile

its wotking pretty good! the wire snapped a couple times I think I need a tad bigger wire, other then that it works great mini/bigsmile
(I did fold the wire at the end to fit more snug in the arm pit to )

lightbulbs will be fully illegal and replaced by LEDs in the U.S.A some day

Legolightbulb wrote:

its wotking pretty good! the wire snapped a couple times I think I need a tad bigger wire, other then that it works great mini/bigsmile

That's great! What do you think of it, is it easier than using just blue tack? I will definitely try this too, I don't like normal out of socket animation as it never stays where you want! Great idea mini/love

If I am online here it means I am most likely avoiding brickfilming.
I HAVE DONE IT, I have a good idea for THAC 2024 :wink:

Hamrichonn wrote:
Legolightbulb wrote:

That's great! What do you think of it, is it easier than using just blue tack? I will definitely try this too, I don't like normal out of socket animation as it never stays where you want! Great idea mini/love

ok I did a quick test animation it is a bit smoother to animate with much less of a mess but not as strong as pure tack
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AzDTce … sp=sharing
I did animate the First half with the wire and the second half without

Hamrichonn wrote:
Puskov wrote:
Hamrichonn wrote:

you glued that into the arm

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY

Whooops.... Thinking about the Captain America I recently cut's neck off, the innumerable brown pieces I broke, the torsos I have ruined and the arms I have made too loose to use....

Ehem... nothing...

Sorry, what's your adress again? loads gun...

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Legolightbulb wrote:
Hamrichonn wrote:
Legolightbulb wrote:

ok I did a quick test animation it is a bit smoother to animate with much less of a mess but not as strong as pure tack

Amazing man! I have to be honest, I was so distracted by the fantastic bow tie animation, that I had to watch it a couple times to really see the wire. It was nicely done as well, but does seem like the same result could have been achieved with tac...

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"

mini/lol Thank you! The point isn’t really to improve the animation quality, it’s more to experiment ,and to try to get rid of the ugly messy look tack gives. also tack can get stuck inside the mini figs torso a lot!
Don’t forget the fact that you watch the film a couple times to see the wire, means that it worked and it successfully gives an illusion that the arm isn’t really held by anything

Legolightbulb wrote:

mini/lol Thank you! The point isn’t really to improve the animation quality, it’s more to experiment ,and to try to get rid of the ugly messy look tack gives. also tack can get stuck inside the mini figs torso a lot!
Don’t forget the fact that you watch the film a couple times to see the wire, means that it worked and it successfully gives an illusion that the arm isn’t really held by anything

Fair point, but it was mostly due to the bow tie that I failed to see the wire, it was certianly apparent when I paid attention. It might be less noticeable on average, but it seems with no significant improvement in animation, and it being a pain to set up the wire, it might be better to just spend more time hiding the blu-tac, rather than use wires.

Puskov wrote:
Hamrichonn wrote:
Puskov wrote:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY

Whooops.... Thinking about the Captain America I recently cut's neck off, the innumerable brown pieces I broke, the torsos I have ruined and the arms I have made too loose to use....

Ehem... nothing...

Sorry, what's your adress again? loads gun...

Em... well....... ................................. mini/sweat

Legolightbulb wrote:
Hamrichonn wrote:
Legolightbulb wrote:

It is fantastic! I prefer the wire one, the bow tie effect is amazing! I don't know whether you see what I mean, but I think the wire one looks more natural and fluent as (I assume) it holds the arm in place better between frames so it stays more or less where you last positioned it.  Great work mini/smile

Puskov wrote:
Legolightbulb wrote:

Fair point, but it was mostly due to the bow tie that I failed to see the wire, it was certianly apparent when I paid attention. It might be less noticeable on average, but it seems with no significant improvement in animation, and it being a pain to set up the wire, it might be better to just spend more time hiding the blu-tac, rather than use wires.

Although I haven't tried it, I think there is a difference where the wire won't let the arm slowly move down inbetween frames, which I think gives it a much more fluent and natural feel. I don't know whether you get it too, but my out of socket animations certainly don't look very fluent which I think the wire would change. That said, I better go and try it first mini/smile

Puskov wrote:
Legolightbulb wrote:

You do have a point. In my opinion I’d prefer the wire over the tack (I bet there are many other ways of doing it without wire or tack) the wire only needs to be set up once and then you can easily take it out and use it in other figure if you like I will give you a poor the inside of the mini figure so you can see how I set it up

Unfortunately I don’t even have sticky tack, just some old clay, but I’ve found it to be manageable.

“Got Mutant Problems?”

BuggoBricks wrote:

Unfortunately I don’t even have sticky tack, just some old clay, but I’ve found it to be manageable.

If you ever want to change, you can buy blu-tack or white-tack in lots of shops, it shouldn't be hard to find mini/smile

BuggoBricks wrote:

here is some sticky for just $2 on amazon. its also my number 1 sticky tack  https://a.co/d/6g5IyvZ

Legolightbulb wrote:
BuggoBricks wrote:

here is some sticky for just $2 on amazon. its also my number 1 sticky tack  https://a.co/d/6g5IyvZ

Thanks, I’ll be sure to get some the next time I go on a Amazon shopping spree.

“Got Mutant Problems?”

It turns out that my Mom has a lot of sticky tac that she uses for beading, so I got some of that and it’s working beautifully.

“Got Mutant Problems?”

BuggoBricks wrote:

It turns out that my Mom has a lot of sticky tac that she uses for beading, so I got some of that and it’s working beautifully.

What a great coincidence! mini/bigsmile

Legolightbulb wrote:
BuggoBricks wrote:

What a great coincidence! mini/bigsmile

I know right! And the chunk that I got works so much better than the old clay I was using, I didn’t even know that so much stickiness existed in the world. mini/lol

“Got Mutant Problems?”

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QRho0a … sp=sharing  <- ok I finally have a full image for tho lot of you! mini/delirium  (sorry i'm so late) I might make I video on this... maybe.....  mini/blankexpression

Legolightbulb wrote:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QRho0a … sp=sharing  <- ok I finally have a full image for tho lot of you! mini/delirium  (sorry i'm so late) I might make I video on this... maybe.....  mini/blankexpression

It tells me I need access when I click on it mini/confused are you able to fix that? I am very excited for it, and making a video on it is a great idea in my opinion mini/smile