Topic: out of socket animation, with a twist

Hello there im trying to experiment with new ways of out of socket animation with out using stick tack (aka blue tack)
my First Idea was to use wires, got any ideas? mini/shifty

lightbulbs will be fully illegal and replaced by LEDs in the U.S.A some day

Re: out of socket animation, with a twist

Oh sorry I didn't see you had already made a new topic.
Some animators use wire for holding things up they will later mask out, maybe that would be the sort to look into? I don't like using blue tack for that purpose as it slowly moves down and easily the limbs drop off accidentally, so I am very interested in what people have to say mini/smile

If I am online here it means I am most likely avoiding brickfilming.
I HAVE DONE IT, I have a good idea for THAC 2024 :wink:

There is the Sonjira method, where you use a multi-plane animation setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sbmLB3OQLM

SlothPaladin wrote:

There is the Sonjira method, where you use a multi-plane animation setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sbmLB3OQLM

Oh cool! I will watch it now mini/smile

SlothPaladin wrote:

thats a Very  interesting method! but you can only really do for a 2D look. thank you for the idea

this was my First attempt at using wires https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UoAXAW … sp=sharing
but sadly it didn't end so well
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uot9KG … sp=sharing

That is annoying. Have you tried thin copper wire? Maybe if you glued that into the arm it would be more manoeuvrable and if in plastic (like wires) then hopefully it wouldn't break and would maintain it's use. mini/smile

Hamrichonn wrote:

you glued that into the arm

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Puskov wrote:
Hamrichonn wrote:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY

Ahhhhhhh the forbidden word!

I think out of socket animation could look cool, but it's a challenge in itself to 'get it right'

Billions of blue blistering bricks!

Hamrichonn wrote:

That is annoying. Have you tried thin copper wire? Maybe if you glued that into the arm it would be more manoeuvrable and if in plastic (like wires) then hopefully it wouldn't break and would maintain it's use. mini/smile

Yeah that could work but first of all well lego and the forbidden word second I’d need to find a very disposable pair of arms and torso. but yeah I’ll try using thinner wire

Use blu-tack! It'll stick the wire in firmly, and it's easily removable and reusable.

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"

Brixie wrote:

I think out of socket animation could look cool, but it's a challenge in itself to 'get it right'

True, it is so hard to make look right!

There's both benefits and drawbacks to it for sure.

Puskov wrote:
Hamrichonn wrote:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY

Whooops.... Thinking about the Captain America I recently cut's neck off, the innumerable brown pieces I broke, the torsos I have ruined and the arms I have made too loose to use....

Ehem... nothing...

Legolightbulb wrote:
Hamrichonn wrote:

Yeah that could work but first of all well lego and the forbidden word second I’d need to find a very disposable pair of arms and torso. but yeah I’ll try using thinner wire

Yes I hadn't thought about having to damage the lego, I certainly wouldn't want to do that mini/no
Hopefully thinner wire would work, and as Puskov said, if you use blu-tack to hold the harms and the wire in it should still help with the animation how intended. mini/smile

Oh my! Poor captain mini/jaw

Legolightbulb wrote:

Oh my! Poor captain mini/jaw

mini/eek

Hamrichonn wrote:
Legolightbulb wrote:
Hamrichonn wrote:

Yes I hadn't thought about having to damage the lego, I certainly wouldn't want to do that mini/no
Hopefully thinner wire would work, and as Puskov said, if you use blu-tack to hold the harms and the wire in it should still help with the animation how intended. mini/smile

I’m trying it but I don’t think my tack is strong enough. that is a great way to do it though!

Legolightbulb wrote:

I’m trying it but I don’t think my tack is strong enough. that is a great way to do it though!

Glad you think so! I am looking forward to how it turns out mini/smile