Topic: Angel of Freedom VS Doctor Zeuz

Angel of Freedom VS Doctor Zeuz

Watch Now: Enjoy this retrofuturistic adventure
Released: December 31, 2021
Content Advisory: no violence, no language, no sexual content

With his mighty airship and tesla guns, the evil doctor Zeuz threatens the city of Megapolis. Only one hero can defeat him with his jetpack: Angel of Freedom!

Inspired by vintage serial movies, this brickfilm was orignally made  for the Image A Future contest of Brick-à-Brack, it is finally released for the Brickstars.

Directory Link

Re: Angel of Freedom VS Doctor Zeuz

Very impressive! It definitely captures the feel of an old serial, and the vfx were well-integrated. Were you influenced by "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" at all?

"Defeat is always momentary."

-Carl Denham, King Kong (2005)

texas_cheeto_hog wrote:

Very impressive! It definitely captures the feel of an old serial, and the vfx were well-integrated. Were you influenced by "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" at all?

Thanks and you are right: "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" was one of my most important influence with the movie Metropolis mini/wink

Redbrickstudio wrote:
texas_cheeto_hog wrote:

Thanks and you are right: "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" was one of my most important influence with the movie Metropolis mini/wink

It's a classic film, and Metropolis captures that feel nicely. Well done!

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Redbrickstudio wrote:
texas_cheeto_hog wrote:

Ah, I thought so! The chair especially felt very "Metropolis." I was similarly inspired by "Sky Captain" for my own homage to film-serials, "The Adventures of Captain Atom." It's a fun aesthetic/genre to play with.

"Defeat is always momentary."

-Carl Denham, King Kong (2005)

texas_cheeto_hog wrote:

Ah, I thought so! The chair especially felt very "Metropolis." I was similarly inspired by "Sky Captain" for my own homage to film-serials, "The Adventures of Captain Atom." It's a fun aesthetic/genre to play with.

I like this aesthetic/genre too! That's why I will watch your "Adventures of Captain Atom" mini/wink

Hey, Redbrickstudio, great job! Well executed and original brickfilm.   mini/smile
(It's funny you made a black and white film, because that's also what we are doing right now).

France & Alex wrote:

Hey, Redbrickstudio, great job! Well executed and original brickfilm.   mini/smile
(It's funny you made a black and white film, because that's also what we are doing right now).

Thanks, glad you like it! And I am excited to watch your black & white brickfilm mini/wink