Topic: Brick Block's Stop Motion Studio and iPhone 11 Test

Hi everyone. This is the first thing I have animated since June of 2020. I recently got Stop Motion Studio and wanted to test out the remote camera function. I'm very pleased with it. The animation is a bit rough so please forgive that. mini/lol

I am so excited to make something for BRAWL 2021 this year. Hopefully not too dialogue heavy. Tell me what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4LWK69m3fo

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Re: Brick Block's Stop Motion Studio and iPhone 11 Test

A heart-warming tale of a man and his horse.

There were some autofocus issues at the start but it looks like you figured out the fix pretty quickly. There was a little bit of moving around of the camera so you might want to make sure the phone's secured tight while you're animating.

Pretty nice. You did a good job keeping the camera still for the most part which I remember being tricky on a phone. The animation is pretty good overall; maybe try having bigger movements for the arm motion and mostly just easing out at the beginning and end to make it more fluid. The horse trotting looks nice but better at the beginning where the back hooves come up more. Overall though the animation is nice to watch and I especially like the head turning with the hair bounce. The only other thing is to maybe adjust your lamp next time so the horse isn't so bright.

Alright. Thank you both for the feedback. Yes, as you both mentioned the camera bump was a big issue. I had the computer and phone quite close to each other so there was some bump. Definitely something to keep in mind for next time. Also yeah the animation is very rusty. Hoping to do some more tests to get back into it. Thanks for the feedback though!

My profile picture is deep fried lol

The animation was good for not having animated for a year. Excited to see your BRAWL entry.