Topic: Men In Glasses • LEGO Short Film

Men In Glasses • LEGO Short Film

Watch Now: YouTube
Released: June 12, 2021
Content Advisory: no violence, no language, no sexual content

Enjoy this brickfilm about two mysterious figures who kidnap very confuzed, yet perky, Jack.

I wasn't really that happy with the way this one turned out to be honest, it felt a little too fast for me, also, the original (and alternative) soundtrack were very heavily copyrighted, so I had to redo most of the audio.

I do not own the music used in this video, and do not wish to profit off of it.

Go check out Jamerson's (Eddie's voice actor) channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcpoMqm9L6ROO76ERtOTjw

Behind the scenes coming shortly!

Directory Link

Re: Men In Glasses • LEGO Short Film

Nice job! I love the humor. It's funny how Eddie and Wayne stay formal after Jack saves their lives.

I'm kind of surprised by your comment that you're not very happy with it, ha. I thought it was a great film.

I'm reminded a bit of Tarantino films or, to keep it closer to LEGO animation, The Cleaners. It's gritty and sort of violent but has this wry humor about it at the same time. Overall it was shot beautifully, but there are a couple of shots that deserve an explicit shout out. The inside-the-car shot with the rear projection was very cool and well done. The shot of the "bad guy boss" stepping into the frame was also very creative, and worked pretty well (I feel like the legs are a bit too diagonal though). Also, was the shot with the cross-walk an intentional reference to the Abbey Road album artwork?

The audio work was really good as well, I think. I really liked the voice acting, espeically of Eddie and Wayne, the men in glasses. Jack I didn't like as much, but that has mostly to do with him being a bit of an annoying character. (I think he was meant to be ... right?) I'm curious as to what music you wanted to use originally, because the soundtrack you ended up with really works.

You have a very cool cinematic style that works very well. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Ko

BertL wrote:

I'm kind of surprised by your comment that you're not very happy with it, ha. I thought it was a great film.

I'm reminded a bit of Tarantino films or, to keep it closer to LEGO animation, The Cleaners. It's gritty and sort of violent but has this wry humor about it at the same time. Overall it was shot beautifully, but there are a couple of shots that deserve an explicit shout out. The inside-the-car shot with the rear projection was very cool and well done. The shot of the "bad guy boss" stepping into the frame was also very creative, and worked pretty well (I feel like the legs are a bit too diagonal though). Also, was the shot with the cross-walk an intentional reference to the Abbey Road album artwork?

The audio work was really good as well, I think. I really liked the voice acting, espeically of Eddie and Wayne, the men in glasses. Jack I didn't like as much, but that has mostly to do with him being a bit of an annoying character. (I think he was meant to be ... right?) I'm curious as to what music you wanted to use originally, because the soundtrack you ended up with really works.

You have a very cool cinematic style that works very well. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Oh, sorry! I never actually saw this until now.....but yeah thanks! Yeah, the Jack character was supposed to be kinda annoying, so that's fine if you weren't a fan of this. And yeah it's cool you cought the Abbey Road reference mini/wink

Men in Glasses, it's like Men In Black but they wear glasses! Genius!

Yes, it's homemade, fresh from the toaster oven.

Blandeer wrote:

Men in Glasses, it's like Men In Black but they wear glasses! Genius!

mini/lol