Topic: Every Brickfilm Ever

Every Brickfilm Ever

Watch Now: YouTube
Released: June 2, 2021
Content Advisory: no violence, no language, no sexual content

This is indeed what every brickfilm ever made is like.

Directory Link

Re: Every Brickfilm Ever

Having spent a lot of personal time watching brickfilms over the past several years, I have to disagree with this analysis of "every brickfilm ever". While there are many that could very well be shoe-horned into this category, only a select some could hold their own. Very few follow this structure, or belief of story telling. From my own work in the world of LEGO stop motion I can heartily announce none of my works follow such basic principals as outlined in this video.

Yes, it's homemade, fresh from the toaster oven.

Blandeer wrote:

Having spent a lot of personal time watching brickfilms over the past several years, I have to disagree with this analysis of "every brickfilm ever". While there are many that could very well be shoe-horned into this category, only a select some could hold their own. Very few follow this structure, or belief of story telling. From my own work in the world of LEGO stop motion I can heartily announce none of my works follow such basic principals as outlined in this video.

You make a good point, Blandeer, but I'm not quite sure you've understood the message of this film correctly. In my opinion, most brickfilms do fall into this category, and I think you would be hard-pressed to find a brickfilm that is not (primarily) LEGO. The filmmaker here raises an interesting question, though: is this because of the generally better quality of LEGO (as most people assume), or simply from its sheer prevalence on the market?

Of course this film is open to interpretation and I do not deny that, but in my view JaguarFilms is very right in raising this question. There is a stigma surrounding non-LEGO bricks, which is why we're so quick to label them as knockoffs. I get where you're coming from with the structure/belief of story telling, and I agree with you there. Still, we should be mindful of the assumptions and axioms held by the brickfilming community at large and we should not be afraid to challenge them.

As such, I rate this film 5 out of 5 stars and would recommend others to watch this thoughtful little gem, if not for the quality of the storytelling then for the philosophical questions it dares to ask.

BertL wrote:
Blandeer wrote:

You make a good point, Blandeer, but I'm not quite sure you've understood the message of this film correctly. In my opinion, most brickfilms do fall into this category, and I think you would be hard-pressed to find a brickfilm that is not (primarily) LEGO. The filmmaker here raises an interesting question, though: is this because of the generally better quality of LEGO (as most people assume), or simply from its sheer prevalence on the market?

Of course this film is open to interpretation and I do not deny that, but in my view JaguarFilms is very right in raising this question. There is a stigma surrounding non-LEGO bricks, which is why we're so quick to label them as knockoffs. I get where you're coming from with the structure/belief of story telling, and I agree with you there. Still, we should be mindful of the assumptions and axioms held by the brickfilming community at large and we should not be afraid to challenge them.

As such, I rate this film 5 out of 5 stars and would recommend others to watch this thoughtful little gem, if not for the quality of the storytelling then for the philosophical questions it dares to ask.

I have to say, most brickfilms do use LEGO, however, I do not. I mix LEGO, knock off, landscape items used on train terrains and all sorts of other things. Most brickfilms are LEGO tho. 99% or more, I would say. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrNj8K3_fwU mini/smile

Last edited by BabooAdventures (June 4, 2021 (04:49pm))

I agree with Bert.

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb