Topic: Isolation

Isolation

Watch Now: Youtube Link
Released: September 2, 2020
Content Advisory: mild violence, no language, no sexual content

A young writer is enjoying his retreat to a modern cabin. But as the night unfolds he slowly begins to suspect everything is not as is seems, and that someone, or something, is stalking him.

A project 2-ish years in the making! Although I had quite a few breaks from working on it, so I'd say roughly a year worth of actual production.

Submitted to the "Fright and Fear" Summer 2020 Contest here on BiM.

Enjoy!

Directory Link

Re: Isolation

Not only is this by far my favorite entry in Fright and Fear, this is also a serious contender for the best brickfilm of the year so far.  Every aspect of this film is stunning and amazing!  I can't wait to see more from you as time goes by.

This is a really incredible film. It isn't easy to communicate a serious, or even frightening tone, through LEGO. Yet, you managed to do it flawlessly; there were a few moments where I was genuinely spooked.
The writing was fantastic. So many well done parts, and the story as a whole really tells an important lesson.

I'm glad I got to be a part of this. Fantastic work!

Yes, it's homemade, fresh from the toaster oven.

Very cinematic, i love the atmosphere and how seamless it appears. I like the wide look of the shots.
Some of the lines were very difficult to make clear sense what was spoken.

OneDouglas wrote:

Not only is this by far my favorite entry in Fright and Fear, this is also a serious contender for the best brickfilm of the year so far.  Every aspect of this film is stunning and amazing!  I can't wait to see more from you as time goes by.

Wow, thank you so much! I'm incredibly humbled by all your praise. I'll definitely make more projects in the future!

Blandeer wrote:

This is a really incredible film. It isn't easy to communicate a serious, or even frightening tone, through LEGO. Yet, you managed to do it flawlessly; there were a few moments where I was genuinely spooked.
The writing was fantastic. So many well done parts, and the story as a whole really tells an important lesson.

I'm glad I got to be a part of this. Fantastic work!

Thank you! My low key goal was to at least have someone at least slightly scared by the film, so I'm glad I somewhat succeeded with that! And it was an honor to have you on board for this project!

Robukka wrote:

Very cinematic, i love the atmosphere and how seamless it appears. I like the wide look of the shots.
Some of the lines were very difficult to make clear sense what was spoken.

Thank you! Glad you liked it! But yeah, some of the lines did come out a bit mumbled. I blame that on my swedish accent and tendency to always speak to fast for my own good. Something to work on for my next project for sure!

Well...you already know what I think of the film, since I gave you plenty of thoughts throughout much of the editing process.  I'm really happy to have been involved! 

As I've said, I think you did fantastically in making this more than just an animation, but in treating it as a proper film in many regards.  Storytelling, visuals, animation, sound, music...nothing falls short, and that's rarely the case in films of this medium.  Very well done, and congrats on the F&F win! 

I'm also really pleased that you released the score on Spotify!
I look forward to seeing any future projects from you!