Topic: Justified

Justified

Watch Now: Youtube
Released: September 1, 2020
Content Advisory: mild violence, no language, no sexual content

I bow down, but Idols can do nothing. My entry to Bricks in Motion's Fright and Fear contest.

Directory Link

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Re: Justified

Glorious! Top notch writing and visuals. I'm terribly impressed with your work here!

This is amazing! How did you animate the head like that?

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17

That was awesome! Great message. Good luck in the contest.

Amazing! Good luck with the contest!

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Great interpretation of the theme; it felt like a take on Existential angst.
The animation of the man was superb; the joints seemed flexible.
Lighting was just a bit less than ideal at some points but the cinematography as a whole was near perfect.
And some of the monologue I could not hear crisply (I should play it again on headphones).
5/5

Very evocative words that lent themselves well to both visuals and the music.  The visuals were fantastic, and the animation (especially the loose head!) were really effective. 
I'm pleased to have been able to assist in bringing the story to life with music! 

Great work Kaleb, and congrats on the second place for F&F!

SurfSmurf778 wrote:

Glorious! Top notch writing and visuals. I'm terribly impressed with your work here!

Thank you! I loved your entry as well it was one of the very few brickfilms I have seen that was legitimately scary.

Bros with da Legos wrote:

This is amazing! How did you animate the head like that?

I appreciate the kind words! I animated the head like that by shaving down the minifig's neck and putting a little blob of sticky tack in the head. Not exactly a purist approach but I thought it was worth it for that little bit of extra fluidity.

JuiceBoxStudios wrote:

That was awesome! Great message. Good luck in the contest.

Glad you enjoyed it! The message was definitely something that is very dear to me!

Robukka wrote:

Great interpretation of the theme; it felt like a take on Existential angst.
The animation of the man was superb; the joints seemed flexible.
Lighting was just a bit less than ideal at some points but the cinematography as a whole was near perfect.
And some of the monologue I could not hear crisply (I should play it again on headphones).
5/5

Thank you!

JonnDthunDer wrote:

Very evocative words that lent themselves well to both visuals and the music.  The visuals were fantastic, and the animation (especially the loose head!) were really effective. 
I'm pleased to have been able to assist in bringing the story to life with music! 

Great work Kaleb, and congrats on the second place for F&F!

I'm glad you enjoyed the finished product! I am blown away to have received second place in the contest. Your music made this 100x better and I am very thankful you were willing to work on this with such a tight deadline and no compensation. Really appreciate it and hope we can work together again in the future!

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to comment on this and my apologies for the late reply.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube