Topic: Pop Goes The Lego [Lego Blender Animation / Brickfilm] - Short Clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ela-JkJ8deg

Took me an hour to render this clip, something so little, so I hope you enjoy the comical side of it mini/smile

I am going to work on more animations as I quite enjoy using Blender.

Re: Pop Goes The Lego [Lego Blender Animation / Brickfilm] - Short Clip

Not bad. Why is it at 24 frames per second? Most brickfilms are at 12 or 15 fps, I use 15. But if you like 24 do 24.  I don't really know how Blender works but I would try to make your renders more realistic. Good job!

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

2x4 studios wrote:

Not bad. Why is it at 24 frames per second? Most brickfilms are at 12 or 15 fps, I use 15. But if you like 24 do 24.  I don't really know how Blender works but I would try to make your renders more realistic. Good job!

Actually, it’s common for animations, brickfilms and cgi alike, to be shot at 24fps. In fact, I’m pretty sure that’s the standard FPS for the most of the big budget stop motion feature films, like Kubo and the two strings, Missing Link, etc.

J.W. Productions wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

Actually, it’s common for animations, brickfilms and cgi alike, to be shot at 24fps. In fact, I’m pretty sure that’s the standard FPS for the most of the big budget stop motion feature films, like Kubo and the two strings, Missing Link, etc.

Yeah, I know Brotherhood Workshop animates at 24fps, and his films are like OMGOSH mini/bigsmile

Youtube - Twitter - Facebook - Discord
https://bricksafe.com/files/BCStrike/Untitled%20design%20165.png
Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1

J.W. Productions wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

Huh, I didn't know that. Thanks! What fps do you use?

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

BCStrike wrote:

Yeah, I know Brotherhood Workshop animates at 24fps, and his films are like OMGOSH mini/bigsmile

What fps do you use? I use 15 fps.

2x4 studios wrote:
BCStrike wrote:

What fps do you use? I use 15 fps.

I usually use 15 as well

Whoops sorry just realized you were asking BCstrike

J.W. Productions wrote:

Thats ok, I asked you too.

2x4 studios wrote:
J.W. Productions wrote:

Thats ok, I asked you too.

I normally use 11 to 17. It depends on the scene some scenes are better at a slower pace. Some scenes don’t look good at 11 so I’ll do 15, 16to make it look more smoothe.

Youtube - Twitter - Facebook - Discord
https://bricksafe.com/files/BCStrike/Untitled%20design%20165.png
Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1

Thanks for this information guys, I have started to look around the range of 15 fps and it seems to be just as smooth as 24. More clips coming shortly mini/bigsmile

brickimus wrote:

Thanks for this information guys, I have started to look around the range of 15 fps and it seems to be just as smooth as 24. More clips coming shortly mini/bigsmile

No problem!

Yet another fps discussion? I think the whole point wasn't the animation (which is obviously simple for test purposes) but the render, which looks pretty good even without raytraced shadows.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png