Topic: How to increase your Brickfilm audience?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any tips on increasing your Brickfilm audience. Outside of my family and friends, Lego Ideas, my YouTube channel, and here on BiM are about the only places I get audience from the outside world. Has anyone else found some successful ways (eg. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to increase their audience?

Re: How to increase your Brickfilm audience?

Discord. It has a large Lego and brickfilming community

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

2x4 studios wrote:

Thanks for responding! Just wondering, how exactly does Discord work? I know what it is, but I’ve never really used it before.

I've found that most of my audience comes from Bricks in Motion, especially when I was beginning. I would enter a lot of contests and that's a pretty good way to get attention, especially if you're constantly improving. That said, nowadays, I promote my brickfilms on social media as well (Facebook groups, Twitter, Instagram, etc.). I do tend to have a lot of crossover audience between my followers on each platform, but promoting on the other platforms helps people to remember to check YouTube or informs them that I've uploaded.

There's no sure fire way to increase an audience, because it always depends on who your audience is and where they are. But for brickfilms, I find that brickfilmers are my main audience.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

JuiceBoxStudios wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

Thanks for responding! Just wondering, how exactly does Discord work? I know what it is, but I’ve never really used it before.

It is know as a 'chat for gamers' but it has a lot of communities for other things. It is pretty easy to figure out.

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Thank you both, that should be helpful. It doesn’t matter a whole lot to me anyway, most of the time what stays popular on social media doesn’t stay popular for long. As long as people enjoy watching my brickfilms, that’s all that matters. I’ll probably check out Discord.

JuiceBoxStudios wrote:

...most of the time what stays popular on social media doesn’t stay popular for long. As long as people enjoy watching my brickfilms, that’s all that matters.

I think you're missing the point of  social media marketing. I'm not talking about going viral or making content that is "popular". I'm talking about the simple act of getting your content in front of people's eyes. People don't always check individual YouTube channels, but if a video pops up in their stream, they might want to watch it. A lot of people who watch my videos come from my Instagram followers who are loyal viewers, but simply didnt know I uploaded a video until I posted about it.

Bricks in Motion is, in itself, a social media. It's not a popular kind like Instagram or Twitter, but it's social media like any other. In the same way that you post here to get your films in front of peoples' eyes, I do that on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

That's quite different from making what's popular or seeking popularity via social media. It's just basic marketing.

YouTubeWebsite

True. Popularity and marketing your films are two different things. That wasn’t exactly what I meant, (sorry) I just kind of wish that YouTube audiences would support those great brickfilmers out there that don’t really get much audience outside of the brickfilming community. (But that’s just me going on a tangent) I’m mainly looking for more ways to get my brickfilms out there, and both of you gave very helpful suggestions. Thanks again!

Last edited by JuiceBoxStudios (July 29, 2020 (02:07pm))

Yeah, I understand the struggle. I also wish my audience would check YouTube and choose to click my videos more. But in the world we live in, people miss the videos, don't check YouTube at all, subscribe to thousands of channels, or a number of other reasons that they might not see the video on YouTube... that's why I have to rely on social media as well. Doesn't always work, but sometimes it does.

YouTubeWebsite

Yah, I’m glad I found Bricks In Motion. I found out about it through The LEGO Animation Book, and this is a great place to share your films as well as use critiques and support from other brickfilmers to make your future films even better. (Plus you get to use minifig smilies mini/wink )