Re: BRAWL 2020 is OVER!

Haven't entered in a Brickfilm content for a few years due to timing of work. But not i can!

Best of luck everyone. looking forward to seeing all our entries mini/smile mini/smile

Now In Mint Flavor
formerly legolover16

I have made a production topic for BRAWL 2020!
https://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/t … ion-topic/

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Excited to hopefully enter this year! Not to be THAT GUY but is sand green supposed to be on the list? Just wondering because I kinda wanna use it and sand blue is on the list so I figured it'd be there too.

twickabrick wrote:

Excited to hopefully enter this year! Not to be THAT GUY but is sand green supposed to be on the list? Just wondering because I kinda wanna use it and sand blue is on the list so I figured it'd be there too.

Ah yeah. Wasn't gonna include either of the sand colors but looks like I didn't remove sand blue. So I just added sand green to the accepted colors list to balance it out.

I have a question in regards to the colour mod - is a blue flower attached to a green stem allowed? I was thinking of using plant flower stem 3741 in a scene.

Yes, that counts.

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Concerning MOD's. If the MOD element is in a shot for only a few frames, does the rest of the shot count toward the 15 second limit? Or would the entire shot count as having the MOD?

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

the rest of the shot would count as your 15 seconds i think

BrickAnimator724 wrote:

Concerning MOD's. If the MOD element is in a shot for only a few frames, does the rest of the shot count toward the 15 second limit? Or would the entire shot count as having the MOD?

That counts as having the mod. You can have the mod in for literally one frame and the whole shot counts as having the mod.

Shots that go towards the 15-second leeway are shots that do not have the mod element AT ALL.

Chris W. wrote:
BrickAnimator724 wrote:

That counts as having the mod. You can have the mod in for literally one frame and the whole shot counts as having the mod.

Shots that go towards the 15-second leeway are shots that do not have the mod element AT ALL.

mini/eek
sweet!

2x4 studios wrote:
Chris W. wrote:
BrickAnimator724 wrote:

mini/eek
sweet!

I say that because you can TECHNICALLY get away with having the mod in for one frame and the shot would count, but I wouldn't recommend it. It makes your shots look weird and it's distracting. Plus it makes my job of verifying everyone's entries more difficult and time-consuming. Use having the mod in for only one frame as a last resort.

Chris W. wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:
Chris W. wrote:

mini/eek
sweet!

I say that because you can TECHNICALLY get away with having the mod in for one frame and the shot would count, but I wouldn't recommend it. It makes your shots look weird and it's distracting. Plus it makes my job of verifying everyone's entries more difficult and time-consuming. Use having the mod in for only one frame as a last resort.

Copy that.

Penta has now been added to the judging panel!

https://images.pexels.com/photos/4712184/pexels-photo-4712184.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=2&h=650&w=940

Do blue arms on a green torso count as a mod element?

Last edited by Bros with da Legos (June 22, 2020 (01:48pm))

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17

Your picture isn't linkable. You'll need to re-host it somewhere like imgur to link it here.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

Your picture isn't linkable. You'll need to re-host it somewhere like imgur to link it here.

Does it work now?

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17

Bros with da Legos wrote:
rioforce wrote:

Does it work now?

Yes, we can see it.

Bros with da Legos wrote:

https://images.pexels.com/photos/4712184/pexels-photo-4712184.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=2&h=650&w=940

Do blue arms on a green torso count as a mod element?

The lighting is a bit dark but yes it looks like it would count as a dark blue.

Woo, nearly done animation. Might try to organically expand the story a bit with my extra time, and focus on polishing it in post.

Can the mod pieces be parts of a mini fig?