Topic: Where Bluebirds Fly (THAC XVII)

Directory Link

Where Bluebirds Fly (THAC XVII)

YouTube

Made in twenty-four hours.

I'm going to make a commentary soon explaining my troubles in making this film. It will explain how this is only about 25% complete and what not. As you can tell there is a lot missing, such as credits and the title.

Re: Where Bluebirds Fly (THAC XVII)

This was my favorite film in the contest!
It works so well emotionally, I have to admit I did cry a bit at the end.
It's paced very well, it's one of the longer entries, but it did not seem like 4 minutes to me at all. This is because tension and suspense are utilized so well! And the lighting and animation is perfectly fine as well, it works quite well for the movie.
5/5 stars from me, amazing film! mini/smile

Wow! This is truly amazing! Certainly one of the better entries. Just one question, why couldn't the robot just turn the ship around? Actually, make that two; how do you do that awesome lighting?

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17

This was also my personal favorite entry.  It was just so great!
I'm excited to see the commentary.  It should be interesting.

Bros with da Legos wrote:

Wow! This is truly amazing! Certainly one of the better entries. Just one question, why couldn't the robot just turn the ship around? Actually, make that two; how do you do that awesome lighting?

All will be explained when I record my commentary.

wow

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Nice use of the cracked space helmet. Oh, and the aspect ratio. As one of the most emotional films, it handles that emotion well. Things never seem ham-fisted or forced. It's a natural building of emotional that works really well. Fantastic tone, script, and actors all around. Great film!

Sure, the whole "turn the ship around" thing does come into play, but it's not something I thought of during the film. That's a testament to the story's power to grasp my attention.

Overall a very strong entry.

Great film. Must have done a lot of green-screening.

Pritchard Studios Wrote:
Sure, the whole "turn the ship around" thing does come into play, but it's not something I thought of during the film. That's a testament to the story's power to grasp my attention.

I totally agree. And same with momentum. Technically he wouldn't fly backwards, because there's no air resistance, but it came after watching, just like the "Turn the ship around" thing. The story was gripping.

Congrats on getting 3rd. Nice job!

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

Depends on the speed and fuel, in space, you can't just turn a moving ship around if it's in orbit catching up to an object moving at another velocity is pretty tricky. It's possible that a maneuver that would allow the pilot to be saved would burn all the fuel the ship needed for docking or re-entry. Clearly I've played a bit too much Kerbal Space Program.

LOL I think it turned out great. None of those things really took anything away from it for me. If movies follow all the rules, then they’re no fun. It’s just like how the characters always make the stupidest possible decision in the movies. Because if they did what was smart, it wouldn’t be much of a movie!