Topic: Lego Star Wars: Delta Squad

Directory Link

Lego Star Wars: Delta Squad

CLICK HERE

Delta Squad is sent on a rescue mission!

A very special thanks to Brick tale Studios for their help in the CGI animations!

Re: Lego Star Wars: Delta Squad

Bravo. Loved the pace and the what happened at the end. Your sets were were awesome and are those Delta squad clones customs? They are sweet. Look forward to the second episode. Subbed you as well. Can't figure out why this film is not getting the love it deserves?

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

Bravo. Loved the pace and the what happened at the end. Your sets were were awesome and are those Delta squad clones customs? They are sweet. Look forward to the second episode. Subbed you as well. Can't figure out why this film is not getting the love it deserves?

Thank you so much I was afraid or worried the pacing wouldn't be for everyone I'm glad it's so far working!  Yes, those are custom Delta Squad figures I was given for my birthday. They are from Clone Army Customs under the Squad Pack. They are really amazing I love them mini/bigsmile . Thank you so much for the sub too means a lot trying to grow the channel a bit mini/lol . I don't know why it's not getting the love haha spread the word, my friend mini/smile

Whoohoo!

That was good.

The effects and production values were stop-on. The opening CG shot was fantastic and set the tone well. Those minifigures were perfect and well worth whatever was paid for them. They look fantastic on screen.

The battle droids are far too limited to animate well, and most people just leave them standing in place. However, even though you had yours "walking/hopping" and the animation was understandably very low frame rate and choppy for that, it never once broke the immersion of the film.

In the ocean of lower quality Star Wars films, this stood out as a labor of love well worth the time to watch it.

Honesty, I'm a bit conflicted on the ending. Not so much what happened, but how.

Spoiler (click to read)

So, all of a sudden, the lights turn on, two Jedi and some clones are just chilling, and all tension and suspense is instantly dropped. It works, but kills the mood in an unsatisfactory way. Personally, I'd have kept the darkness, as lightsabers look really cool in the dark. Also, the the light change is followed by a couple quick shots, then the action also stop dead for the next ten seconds of lowering weapons, nodding, and doing nothing.  Then, just as it looks like the action will begin again, it's over. Personally, I'd have dropped it to a single Jedi, had him defend the clones in the dark, then as they rally and continue fighting, he leads them into a path/door/area with more light and some sort of escape vehicle. Again, personal preference.

Tiny Nitpick: It seemed like anytime they went into a dark room it was a shot just like 3:17 as far as camera and lighting. Since this happened several times, the cool effect became a bit stale. Shaking it up with a different camera angle would help add variety and a bit more visual interest next time.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Whoohoo!

That was good.

The effects and production values were stop-on. The opening CG shot was fantastic and set the tone well. Those minifigures were perfect and well worth whatever was paid for them. They look fantastic on screen.

The battle droids are far too limited to animate well, and most people just leave them standing in place. However, even though you had yours "walking/hopping" and the animation was understandably very low frame rate and choppy for that, it never once broke the immersion of the film.

In the ocean of lower quality Star Wars films, this stood out as a labor of love well worth the time to watch it.

Honesty, I'm a bit conflicted on the ending. Not so much what happened, but how.

Spoiler (click to read)

So, all of a sudden, the lights turn on, two Jedi and some clones are just chilling, and all tension and suspense is instantly dropped. It works, but kills the mood in an unsatisfactory way. Personally, I'd have kept the darkness, as lightsabers look really cool in the dark. Also, the the light change is followed by a couple quick shots, then the action also stop dead for the next ten seconds of lowering weapons, nodding, and doing nothing.  Then, just as it looks like the action will begin again, it's over. Personally, I'd have dropped it to a single Jedi, had him defend the clones in the dark, then as they rally and continue fighting, he leads them into a path/door/area with more light and some sort of escape vehicle. Again, personal preference.

Tiny Nitpick: It seemed like anytime they went into a dark room it was a shot just like 3:17 as far as camera and lighting. Since this happened several times, the cool effect became a bit stale. Shaking it up with a different camera angle would help add variety and a bit more visual interest next time.

Thank you so much for the feedback! Yeah sadly animating those Droids was a challenge and just annoying at times since their joints stick mini/lol . About the ending, I wasn't sure on it myself. There was a moment in the script where I didn't know where to go and I had to finish animating before going back to school there was a slight difference or alternative idea, but it ended up the same. If I had more time and such I would've probably done an ending similar to yours mini/smile .

Followed the production log for this a bit and am glad to see how well it turned out! You did a good job giving the short a lot of character, especially in the first half of the film. I really like how you made the wrecked ship feel dangerous but abandoned...for a time.

During the opening CGI shot, the shadows were grainy and IMO distracting. Was that an intentional effect or a side-effect of the rendering/lighting? I think it would have been nicer without the grain but perhaps that was not under your control.

I felt like several shots were too dark, to the point that I had trouble making out what I need to at times. It usually doesn't hurt to film a tad brighter than you want and decrease exposure in post-production. If what you originally wanted ends up being too dark, you can always revert to the original images.

Again, great work!

mysteriouspi wrote:

Followed the production log for this a bit and am glad to see how well it turned out! You did a good job giving the short a lot of character, especially in the first half of the film. I really like how you made the wrecked ship feel dangerous but abandoned...for a time.

During the opening CGI shot, the shadows were grainy and IMO distracting. Was that an intentional effect or a side-effect of the rendering/lighting? I think it would have been nicer without the grain but perhaps that was not under your control.

I felt like several shots were too dark, to the point that I had trouble making out what I need to at times. It usually doesn't hurt to film a tad brighter than you want and decrease exposure in post-production. If what you originally wanted ends up being too dark, you can always revert to the original images.

Again, great work!

Thank you so much for the feedback! It means a lot mini/smile Yeah, so the CGI shots were meant to be grainy or have that effect it was mainly capturing the look of space if a camera was out there in space. It was more of a stylistic choice as well. Oh yeah, next time brighter footage for some shots I do see what you mean I myself had a hard time seeing one or two shots. Again, thanks mini/sunnies

Infinity Prime Studios wrote:

Yeah, so the CGI shots were meant to be grainy or have that effect it was mainly capturing the look of space if a camera was out there in space. It was more of a stylistic choice as well.

Gotcha. Then I think my issue isn't with the grain effect itself, but with grain only showing up in the shadowy areas. On fully-lit areas of the ships, I can't make out any grain at all. It makes for an uneven look. Seeing it through a camera like that would mean the entire scene should look grainy, including space itself.

mysteriouspi wrote:
Infinity Prime Studios wrote:

Yeah, so the CGI shots were meant to be grainy or have that effect it was mainly capturing the look of space if a camera was out there in space. It was more of a stylistic choice as well.

Gotcha. Then I think my issue isn't with the grain effect itself, but with grain only showing up in the shadowy areas. On fully-lit areas of the ships, I can't make out any grain at all. It makes for an uneven look. Seeing it through a camera like that would mean the entire scene should look grainy, including space itself.

I get what you mean.

This was a great film! As far as the droid legs, you could look into this. They’re out of stock now, but it could be useful once they restock.

Last edited by Brickman (December 11, 2019 (11:14am))

Brickman wrote:

This was a great film! As far as the droid legs, you could look into this. They’re out of stock now, but it could be useful once they restock.

Why thank you, kind sir mini/bigsmile  I shall look into it!

Nice! I like all the special effects, especially the muzzle flashes. And those clone troopers were really cool!

The thing I couldn't understand was where the story took place. Were they on one of those broken ships? And what was that pod thingy that left the ship at the beginning? Were they on that?

That shot at 3:42 was cool. What is that kind of shot called anyway? It's like a backwards pan. I've always heard them referred to as just "360's.
The Battle Droids were done well, as Pritchard said. I liked how their heads and arms flew off when they were shot.

In short, nice job!

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

BrickAnimator724 wrote:

Nice! I like all the special effects, especially the muzzle flashes. And those clone troopers were really cool!

The thing I couldn't understand was where the story took place. Were they on one of those broken ships? And what was that pod thingy that left the ship at the beginning? Were they on that?

That shot at 3:42 was cool. What is that kind of shot called anyway? It's like a backwards pan. I've always heard them referred to as just "360's.
The Battle Droids were done well, as Pritchard said. I liked how their heads and arms flew off when they were shot.

In short, nice job!

Thanks! As for your questions, the story takes place during the clone wars era. They were on the republic gunship, in the beginning, heading for one of the broken ships. Yes it was 360 shot, but not all the way as close to one as I can get mini/smile