Topic: Beyond the Time Barrier (Pre-Production Phase)

Beyond the Time Barrier
Yep, definitely a time travel movie. There is a good chance I will need volunteers to help me voice act, if so I will post it in the correct thread. I have always been fascinated with time travel. Awhile ago I made the Lego DeLorean from Back to the Future. I then had fun changing it up, and making it fit two characters inside instead of just one. I believe that this film is going to be pretty big, so I plan to completely script out the whole film, get all the voices, before I start filming so I know what I am working with. The main idea is that there are two kids who's parents get killed by a guy who turns our to be a time traveler. When the kids grow up, they make a time machine to go and save their parents. They find out that the guy who killed their parents is a time traveler and who's plan was to kill them to stop them from making a time machine, but the parents saved their kids and where killed. There is going to be way more sets than I have ever used, some of them being, the main characters workshop, bad time travelers base, an alley, childhood house, and so on …..and on and on and on. I will be using a script that I printed out. I prefer to write out and draw the scenes verses doing it on the computer. My guess is that this will be done hopefully before the year is out. I will do my best to stick to it, and push all the way through. I know things have gotten in the way of other films, but this I am truly passionate about, as time travel has always been really cool to me. I won't let something stop me now!!!
Please tell me what you think, if you have any ideas, or would want to voice act, please tell me.

Re: Beyond the Time Barrier (Pre-Production Phase)

Script Writing:
In my opinion, can sometimes make or break a film. Great animation can be ruined by a poorly written script. I am doing my best to take my time and think the script through so it flows smoothly and makes sense to my audience. If you guys have any tips on this, please let me know.

Hey everyone
(If anyone is reading my thread) so this weekend I have been working on my storyboard/script quite a lot. I would like for the movie to last for a good amount of time, but not so long that it drags on and bores the audience. The two main characters who happen to be brothers (Brandon and David/Dave) create a time machine in order to save their parents from being killed in the past. But what the don't know yet is that the other time traveler, (the bad guy) is the one who killed their parents in an attempt to kill them to stop them from creating their own time machine. He wants to be the only time traveler. I won't need a ton of voice actors, as I can edit my voice by using a voice changer for the bad guy voice, as well as his droids. I will be playing Brandon and my brother will play the role of David. I haven't before completely  storyboarded a film before, but hopefully it will be good

Last edited by Awesome4096 (March 13, 2019 (07:03pm))

Hey everyone,
Zach Studios here. Not a huge update, but an update none the less. I am still working on my script. It is moving slowly but that's ok. I am also starting to make some of the sets for Beyond the time Barrier. I may need a few people to voice act for me, so message me if your interested. The character design was an interesting task. I had to create younger and older versions of two characters, the main antagonist, the kids parents, droids, etc. I know that I will have to create a road for the time car to drive down in order to time travel. The script/ storyboard thing is a bit new for me. I don't normally do that before a film, but I think that for this one it is important because it is going to be a big production. A trailer should come out in a few months, so be looking for that. Once I start filming I will switch to the production thread for this film. Please comment and tell me what you think.

Sweet! Good to hear that it's moving forward!

I'd be glad to voice act, assuming it'll be family-friendly. Time travel has always fascinated me, and I'm excited for the project. How long is the script?

P.S. One way to help generate more responses would be to post a few pictures, even if they are WIPs of a set, or a poster, or even a simple character design.

Hey man, thanks for the advice, I am glad you like the idea. And yes, it will be family friendly (all my films are). I will try to get some behind the scenes shots of the sets I am working on. The script isn't to long yet, but I am working on it so when it's done it could be pretty lengthy.

Hey guys, let's take a look BTS!

The first picture is of an actual set I built that I will use as the two main characters house when they were little kids when they lived with their parents.
https://ibb.co/SKcXm1r

The Second is of the antagonists base. He has his own time machine that I uniquely made for him.
https://ibb.co/fH7kYHr

The third is the alley where the parents will be killed
https://ibb.co/CtPB9sp

The fourth is the main characters garage/base, they have the DeLorean as their time machine. I built the original set, then modified it a bunch to make it look a bit different.
https://ibb.co/BnzPqTR

The fifth is a mix of the last three. I used as huge pad to build the alley, and both bases for the different characers.
https://ibb.co/gzP1N18

The last picture is of the characters, from left to right: Brandon as a kid, Brandon as an adult, David as a kid, David as an adult, David and Brandon's Mom, David and Brandon's Dad, the other time traveler/antagonist, his workers
https://ibb.co/qpSYnsM

Last edited by Awesome4096 (February 21, 2019 (09:01am))

Hello everyone,
I posted some BTS pictures a few days ago, so if you are interested, take a look.  I am still working on the script, so I haven't started filming yet. But when I do I will let you guys know, I will also move to the production thread, because that would be in production of the film. I have realized that the film is way bigger than what I have, so I may have to buy some Legos in order to build all of the sets.

Hello everyone,
So if you guys see this, please tell me what you think of my project. I know I have slacked off my other films, but I will do my best to finish this one. I am still scripting/storyboarding. The film is WAY bigger than I originally thought. I will need to get more Lego pieces as I have said before. My older brother encouraged me to build the sets bigger, better backgrounds, and just better sets in general. One thing we like to quote is something Jonathan Vaughn's friend said to him, "This has to be the best brickfilm ever Jonathan!" That is what I am trying to make and finish. So please tell me what you all think, if you have any suggestions, or have any ideas, just tell me, thanks everyone.

Quick Update:
I am going to change the mask of the main antagonist just so you guys all know. Also I am still just working on building sets and working on the script. The sets are all soooooo big that I will have to animate on a bigger table. But it is worth it because these will be the best sets that I have ever made. I will also make sure that the background looks just as good as the foreground.
Please tell me what you think!

Hello everyone what's going on?
Still scripting/storyboarding. I was able to get some more Lego pieces so I will be able to make the backgrounds and the sets much bigger and better than ever before. The plan for the film is to finish the writing the story, record all of the voices that I need, and then start filming. Once I get all of the scenes done, I will then begin the editing stage. I may edit in between every few shots or so, but I don't know for sure. my guess is that the filming process is going to take a super long time due to everything that is suppose to be happening. Beyond the Time Barrier is going to be the biggest and best film I have ever made. I am not sure how long the running time will be, but I am guessing probably close to half an hour. Time travel has always fascinated me, and to finally be able to make a film about it just excites me. Because time travel isn't possible, well at least right now and probably not in the future, but to be able to make a movie where it is completely possible really gets my imagination going and fuels my creativity for this film. The hardest part of making the film I believe will be adding sounds effects. There are soooo many sounds that I will have to add it's just crazy. But then again, no one ever said that Stopmotion movies are easy to make. (Well technically maybe someone did but they are incorrect) So please tell me what you guys think about this movie, I can always use feedback of what your thoughts are on this. I don't really know if I will try to make the Lego figures mouths move. I really like replacement animation where the characters heads change when you swap heads. Although I could edit the mouths on I guess. What do you guys think? I really need feedback for this so if you read this please tell me what you think I should do.

https://i.ibb.co/xqDSNjG/Beyond-the-Time-Barrier-Poster.jpg

Last edited by Awesome4096 (March 13, 2019 (06:06pm))

Wow I just noticed this project! This looks awesome! Can’t wait to see it! BTW I could voice act if you still need it.

Hey thanks for noticing, there's a good chance I will need some voices, you will be the first to know if I do!

https://i.ibb.co/frfpPqW/BTTB-Poster.jpg
free pic upload

Last edited by Awesome4096 (March 14, 2019 (02:54pm))

I like the combo of the DeLorian, time vortex thing, and the clocks. Great idea to bring those elements together. Also, I'm loving the subtitle: "the past is our future." I'm even more excited now!

Were I to offer some advice, I'd recommend making the smaller black lettering bigger and more noticeable. (Maybe a white outline, or shadows, or 3D depth or something) it's hard to notice and make out the subtitle, and "coming soon" seems nearly invisible.

Thanks for the advice!

Here's the new poster. What's new: Words have been made more visible, the time machine is my own modification this time, the last time it was the original car. The new one is the one that will be used in Beyond the Time Barrier.
https://i.ibb.co/frfpPqW/BTTB-Poster.jpg

Last edited by Awesome4096 (March 14, 2019 (02:58pm))

Hello everyone,
Zach Studios here. (Again) So the film recently got EVEN BIGGER!!! I had to add more characters to help the story make more sense, which also means I had to find more voice actors. It also means that I had to build new characters that would fit into the story. I am still scripting, it is moving rather slow as I can't work on it as much as I would like to. While I am scripting Beyond the Time Barrier, I will shoot a short film just for fun. If anyone is interested in hearing what it's going to be about, just let me know and I will tell you.

Time travel videos are always a lot of fun, I've made a video on the subject myself. The wonderful thing about time travel is the endless possibilities it provides. I'd also love to voice act, albeit it'll probably have to be a small role and I'll only be able to send you the lines within the next 2 weeks.