Topic: OPERATION OVERLORD PART 2

Directory Link

OPERATION OVERLORD PART 2

Has a car chase

SO, I've been working on this for longer then I Have known my wife of 2 years.

and its been completed sitting on my computer for like, 6 months now...

My wife and I made the music, which we are very proud of. also, heres a link to part one (LINK)

Last edited by Cooked Cat (January 31, 2019 (12:46am))

Re: OPERATION OVERLORD PART 2

Nice!

I was just thinking of you the other day, good to see you around here again!

Every brickfilmer has a different style and different strengths; this short plays very well to yours.
The opening shots in the snow look great, the car chase is incredibly dynamic, and the fight scene at the end is  fantastic.
Some times it's hard to get the proper pacing and momentum in actions scenes, yet you did a great job. You seem to have grasped the idea and execution of shaky cam pretty well. In fact, the camera movement throughout the film was spot-on for the style you are aiming for. Shots like 1:12 and 1:36 are just the icing on the cake, as nearly every shot had some sort of movement to it.

I also love the smaller set details. The tire tracks at 0:08, and the poster at 1:00, for example.

It's obvious the focus was on the action. Though it did serve to build on Part 1's story, it hasn't given us too much more to figure out. We know a few "who's" but still very few "why's." The last shot is, perhaps, Atlantis. The way this ends seems to hint at a bigger story, so perhaps Part 3 will bring more answers.

Thanks for sharing it!

I loved the fast paced car chase - good lighting and the camera movement was great, made me want to watch it again straight away - well done mini/smile

DNAnimation

thanks guys, I think you convinced me into doing part 3.....
while I prep my DOPE starwars one....

working out how to tie what would be a 5 parter into a 3 parter. think it got it though.

Glad you liked the Sniper shots Pritchard, 1:36 was the second take of the first shot filmed. I started there, did the car chase and fight over a few busy years, then when back to the start and worked forward, then, did the batman cutaway, moved, lost the batman cutaway somehow, then did the batman cutaway again...

took my time putting some spoilers into that white board i did....

yeah, last shot is CGI(duh) alantis.

I wanted the car chase to be a lego jason bourne one LeGODave1.

how was the sound effects and music guys?

That car chase! As fast as the cuts were, and even when it occasionally broke screen direction, was coherent and easy to follow, and had good kinetic energy. I'd like to see someone dissect it as a study in film editing.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

i'd like that too Thistof. thanks for the feedback.