Topic: Viktor [THAC XVI]

Directory Link

Viktor [THAC XVI]

YouTube

Made for THAC XVI. Featuring Shelby Pritchard.

Re: Viktor [THAC XVI]

All of the visuals in this are great, but that shot at :31 is just fantastic. I'd like to see this premise expanded for a larger film, brickfilming doesn't have many good gunslinger movies.

This is one of my favourite THAC entries this year. The animation, the moody setting, the cinematography, all excellent. Some shots do feel a little too quick, but overall very well done and interesting! Love the sound design as well!

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

This was a neat combination of genres.  Great job!

Thanks for letting me voice act in this!

First, the music is perfectly suited to the film. I didn't notice you credit anything/anyone, so did you write that yourself?
As others have said, this has some great camera angle and shots. Personally, I would have let the camera linger a bit longer on those before cutting, not only to slow down the pacing, but all people to really soak in how awesome they are. I know THAC pushes us to hurry up and finish each shot as soon as possible, but most of those early shots could have been a second or two longer without taking up much more animation time.

Like others have said, anything with the gun is great. Stellar animation on those clips! The space gun initially confused me, but once I realized this wasn't strictly an 1800's Wild West film, it made a lot more sense.

It's got a great atmosphere, some really nice shots, and the ending adds several layers of mystery. It would make a good short film any time of the year, but it's even better for being a THAC entry.

My main question is  this; where did the treasure chest come from?

Interesting little film. I quite liked the style, although I must admit it did feel a bit dark at times. The shot of the cowboy shooting his gun was done very well, and I also like how you animated the baddie coming out of the treasure chest.

It doesn't really quite feel like a completed film though, more like a teaser or a single scene from what should be a longer project. Then again, THAC.

Squash wrote:

All of the visuals in this are great, but that shot at :31 is just fantastic. I'd like to see this premise expanded for a larger film, brickfilming doesn't have many good gunslinger movies.

Thanks, Squash! I intend to expand on the story in the future. The story is linked to past films of mine.

BWJC wrote:

This is one of my favourite THAC entries this year. The animation, the moody setting, the cinematography, all excellent. Some shots do feel a little too quick, but overall very well done and interesting! Love the sound design as well!

Thank you! Shots being too fast is definitely something I struggled with in my film, and THAC anxiety didn't help in the slightest. I appreciate the feedback!

OneDouglas wrote:

This was a neat combination of genres.  Great job!

Thanks!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Thanks for letting me voice act in this!

First, the music is perfectly suited to the film. I didn't notice you credit anything/anyone, so did you write that yourself?
As others have said, this has some great camera angle and shots. Personally, I would have let the camera linger a bit longer on those before cutting, not only to slow down the pacing, but all people to really soak in how awesome they are. I know THAC pushes us to hurry up and finish each shot as soon as possible, but most of those early shots could have been a second or two longer without taking up much more animation time.

Like others have said, anything with the gun is great. Stellar animation on those clips! The space gun initially confused me, but once I realized this wasn't strictly an 1800's Wild West film, it made a lot more sense.

It's got a great atmosphere, some really nice shots, and the ending adds several layers of mystery. It would make a good short film any time of the year, but it's even better for being a THAC entry.

My main question is  this; where did the treasure chest come from?

Heyy, thanks for the lines! They worked perfectly for the film, and it would not have been as good otherwise. The music was royalty free, and did not require me to put a link to the artist in the description. I believe the tracks were called "Lost Cowboy" and "A Fallen Cowboy".

I'm glad people enjoyed the mix of genres. I love the whole western/sci-fi idea, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't influenced by Stranger Things at all mini/tongue

I suppose the idea is that someone buried this ancient evil beast underground, in an effort protect humanity from it. Presumably, Viktor is part of some sort of ring of gunslingers and interdimensional/time traveling bounty hunters who are looking for it for some reason or other.

BertL wrote:

Interesting little film. I quite liked the style, although I must admit it did feel a bit dark at times. The shot of the cowboy shooting his gun was done very well, and I also like how you animated the baddie coming out of the treasure chest.

It doesn't really quite feel like a completed film though, more like a teaser or a single scene from what should be a longer project. Then again, THAC.

Glad you enjoyed! Some of my films tend to come off a bit dark, but its really just a stylistic choice in most cases. As I said in response to Squash, I do intend to expand on the film. Maybe that'll be my next project!

Thanks for the kind feedback guys! mini/smile

The cowboy Van Helsing vibe is a nice twist, and while I like some of the avant-garde experimental stuff you've been doing this past year, it was refreshing to see some of those techniques and that feel applied to a straightforward nonverbal scene with some nice suspense and action.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

Thanks, Thistof! I really like making strange, experimental films, but I wanted it to make this one a bit more clear. It felt like a better decision for THAC, and I love the sci-fi cowboy genre. mini/tongue

Just an incredible concept. The whole atmosphere here is visually striking and unique. The film succinctly communicates this strange and foreign world so beautifully, I want to see more. mini/smile

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49566491787_1f24d954b6_o.jpg

Website  ✧  YouTube  ✧  Flickr  ✧  Soli Deo Gloria