Topic: Goblin Rush (THAC XVI)

Directory Link

[THAC XVI] Goblin Rush

YouTube

THAC collab with SlothPaladin and our friend Sean!

Re: Goblin Rush (THAC XVI)

Hope everyone enjoys it! I had a lot of fun and we got to try some new stuff that turned out pretty well.

mfw someone fails to slay a goblin
https://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1476232919422.png

This was a really fun film! Differentiating between game characters and the players with the brickbuilt models was a great idea and I'm impressed you did it so well in the time constraints. Good work!

The first big figs shot took around 3 hours to set up, we were going to try greenscreening but I wasn't happy with any results, thankfully the later bigfig stuff went much faster.

Also thankfully we had a loose storyboard and shot the funniest stuff first while we were fresh.

Bahaha!

I love it!

Like Pokeballin' before it, it uses different scales and styles of characters to great effect. The transitions between each switch allow the film to flow quickly and smoothly with a brisk pace that keeps visual interest high.
The animation is top-notch, as are the sets and lighting.

Not only is it technically astonishing, but the story itself is fun, light, and VERY relatable.
I can't believe that this was made in 24 hours. It's an incredible accomplishment.

The scales are so impressive in their own right, and they serve the story well, bringing life to the game characters.  It doesn’t really feel like a THAC film with such polished shots. Amazing work, the both of you did great! mini/sunnies

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49566491787_1f24d954b6_o.jpg

Website  ✧  YouTube  ✧  Flickr  ✧  Soli Deo Gloria

Thanks for the feedback, guys! It was really fun to work on, glad you liked it ^.^

I just published our THACumentary for this if anyone wants to see some behind-the-scenes footage!

Pongowl wrote:

It doesn’t really feel like a THAC film with such polished shots. Amazing work, the both of you did great! mini/sunnies

We really pushed it with the time limit, you can see a lot of folks were able to get around 1-2 min of animation for just one person, but between the two of us we got 1 min of animation, which explains the polish.