Topic: Goodbye, Mister Moon (THAC XVI)

Directory Link

Goodbye, Mister Moon

Youtube

Entry into THAC XVI
A man goes off to the moon.

Thank you so much for all the folks at BiM who supported, helped out, and partook in the contest. They are what make the 24 hours a little bit more manageable.

Yes, it's homemade, fresh from the toaster oven.

Re: Goodbye, Mister Moon (THAC XVI)

I probably should've known from the title, but I didn't really know where this film was going until he pointed the cannon at the moon. You have some great special effects in this film, I love that silhouette shot of the pirate looking at the moon. (Also, the cannonfire and "moon pieces".) The way you told the story was great: the narrative framing works out well, and all of the shots looked like you put a lot of thought into them.

It's a bit of a pity that the frame rate is low and the camera is shaky (THAC, amirite mini/frustrated ), but apart from that it's a great entry overall.

Last edited by BertL (January 14, 2019 (08:29am))

Re: Goodbye, Mister Moon (THAC XVI)

Liked the concept of this, and like BertL, I loved the shot of the man sillouetted against the moon (Although if it was me, since it was a still frame, I would have painted the edges so you can't see the sheet or cloth you have around the light, and maybe added a bit of movement to the otherwise still frame). The music choice was also nice.