Topic: (Episode 1) The Escape Route- LEGO

Directory Link

(Episode 1) The Escape Route- LEGO

youtube

Rf9522 the stormtrooper has a hard time serving the new Galactic empire, and he decides to escape from their grasp. He struggles with his past mistakes but decides to leave them behind and go on. It took me a while to finish this film, and I'm not too happy with the way it turned out. But here it is, and hopefully part 2 will be better.

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Re: (Episode 1) The Escape Route- LEGO

From an animation and cinematic standpoint, the movie is perfect. The only issue I had was with the scene when he turns against the Empire. The flashback scene was effective and showed his emotional struggle well. I feel as though we really didn't need to clarify his feelings to the audience by talking to himself. It is important to show his reasonings of betraying the Empire effectively, as it is a definitive character moment.

Spoiler (click to read)

Finn's turn in the Force Awakens was shown very effectively, as he witnessed the First Order's slaughter. Although he does state to Poe later on that he doesn't have anything to fight for anymore, the visual way they showed that before was all the clarification we as the audience needed and he was only clarifying it in dialogue to Poe.

That aside, it was great, and I do look forward to part 2!

Last edited by William Osborne (July 28, 2017 (01:33am))

I think you hit the nail on everything I did wrong and rushed. Thank you so much. I will try to correct my mistakes next episode.

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Great lighting and set design, and A LOT of very nice and pleasing cinematography, from the wide shots to the close ups, it was very well done. You also managed to pull off some very neat animation for the minifigures walking on smooth surfaces as well, so well done. I also really like the look on the soldiers' face when he had shot the man, I think that it was a very good fit. Now that it has been mentioned, I can see where William Osborne is coming from about the way you presented his feelings. Overall though, good work mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Can't wait to have you on the podcast!!!

rafael9522 wrote:

I think you hit the nail on everything I did wrong and rushed. Thank you so much. I will try to correct my mistakes next episode.

Austin-Frame5 Studios https://i.imgur.com/6kA5imJ.png

I saw this on Youtube furst, but I decide to comment here as well. You did an outstanding job on this one. Keep it up.

May The Force Be With You!

Thanks Starwarsstudio100!

The set design was my favorite part! I got excited just watching the final scene with those trees! So visually pleasing for me to see some really awesome sets! Animation was great as well. Looking forward to part 2!

Supermelty Productions
Voice Over Website: ianwood.site

Thanks Supermelty I'm glad you liked it!  I'm scripting part 2 now.

Hmm I thought I commented on this before. Really nice video, I thoroughly enjoyed it! The sets and lighting were top notch, I really felt like I was in the StarWars universe. The only critique I really have, is the way the shots were put together, you had some very slight angle changes, and you didn't follow the 1080 degree rule, those to things together made it hard for me to orient myself in your world (this could be your stylistic choice) it made me more confused than I think I should have been. But overall, great work! I always love your videos. Keep up the good work

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube