Topic: Sheep

Directory Link

Sheep

YouTube

A sheep finds a hat, and decides to wear it. But the herd doesn't like it...

A fable about trends and choices in the modern world!

PunBB bbcode test

Re: Sheep

Whoa! Probably the most expressive animation I've seen in a while. This is fantastic. mini/bigsmile

I think I may found a new addition to my list of 'Brickfilms that I will watch frequently about once a month'. That only makes up a couple of brickfilms each year. I love pretty much everything about this. The design of the sheep was adorable, the animation was absolutely perfect, and the story was also great too. 10/10, obviously! Possibly the best brickfilm of 2017 so far!

Ha ha! Excellent!

Great job! Ending I must admit was pretty predictable, but never the less it teaches a very important lesson, and one that i think we should all remember and stand by in our lives. Maybe it was just me (probably because it was based around sheep), but it definitely reminded me of Shaun the Sheep! mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Maxime, you've done it again!

This was an absolute joy to watch. Wonderful job making the sheep so incredibly expressive. The sound design was spot on as well!

Great film, great message, great job.

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

Wow...That was fantastic on so many levels.

Solid story, but amazing execution. The sheep oozed personality, and it connected emotionally, which is more than so many big, flashy Hollywood films. Fun, simple, but impactful too.

Excellent commentary on trends and fashions.

You've done such a great job here!  Reminded me of Shaun The Sheep, which I love and you conveyed emotion just as well as any of those films - The animation was perfectly paced - I really enjoyed this film mini/smile

DNAnimation

It's always a good day when there is a new release from you. I think it's very smart that you collaborate with MOC builders on your films; it makes them look even more professional. I would like to do the same one day. It's amazing how expressive you got the sheep to be with the eye tiles and the head movements. The portrayal of emotions really worked. The music was also such a standout component, especially the recurring theme. I think this is my favourite brickfilm of 2017 so far.

Great animation, expression, and just an all around enjoyable film. mini/smile

Absolutely wonderful, as always, Maxime. Loved the design and the animation on the sheep (the subtleties of the eye movements and cackling as well as the big, cartoony chomping animations were perfect), and the story was cute and very charming.

Last edited by MindGame (July 6, 2017 (11:55am))

Enjoyed this short film a great deal and appreciate the message to it. Really it's a professional level production mini/yes

This is amazing! I really love the eyes - especially how you varied the sheep's eyes for the same emotion (like how some of the sheep closed both eyes while laughing and others just one).

legodave1 wrote:

Reminded me of Shaun The Sheep - which I love and you conveyed emotion just as well as any of those films

Ditto on this - and with yours being brick-built sheep, the level of character you were able to convey is fantastic.

We really love your film, Maxime! mini/bigsmile
The way you animated the sheep is so cute. The message you convey (and the way you convey it) is really bright. So, congratulations once again!
Alex thinks your film will do very well in festivals, and that it has good chances to be screened on television one day... so we wish you good luck! mini/wink

First, let me thank you all for watching Sheep and taking time to write some feedback about it. Much, much appreciated!

I’m aware it’s a predictable story… and I have to admit I didn’t spend much time thinking and writing the screenplay (you can’t compare it to the level of thoughts put in an Henri & Edmond film for exemple). My main goal was the sheep animation, and having a funny and colorful experience. Let me tell you : it’s been more complicated than expected !
There are many micro-expressions necessary in order to create a real emotional connection with the main character. And I’m glad you noticed it’s only 3 pairs of eyes that allow so many emotions! I had great fun experimenting which side of the eyes would be the best to convey the emotions.

I’m pretty convinced that Quentin wrote an awesome score for this movie, but he doesn’t feel like it. He’s been less into comedy music recently, and I think Sheep wasn’t much his cup of tea. Nonetheless, he provided what I consider a lovely little score, and I especially enjoy the "Blue Sheep" track.

It’s good to see this brickfilm being appreciated. Right now I have some other stop motion projects without bricks, but I’m already working on the screenplay for the 4th installment in the Henri & Edmond saga.

PunBB bbcode test

Amazing work, this transcends brickfilm for me, I totally forgot it was lego. Excellent sets (the corn!) and lighting, and the character design simple yet extremely expressive. I love the little details like the ear shudders, gives it so much life. And a nice examination of style vs fashion, timeless vs trend. Rock solid, and definitely up there with Henri and Edmond in the cream of the brickfilm medium.

Update:
Wait, I see, you also made Henri & Edmond? No wonder.

Last edited by thistof (July 29, 2017 (02:10am))

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

Wanna help Sheep get the Hopl'award 2017 (french cultural award) ?
Please make sure to vote for it here :
http://www.hoplawards.fr/portfolio/lego … brickfilm/

One vote per person per day! Feel free to vote everyday! mini/wink

Votes are open till October 1st. Then a jury will watch the 3 films that gathered the more votes, and a ceremony will be held mid-October for the finalists!

PunBB bbcode test

Hey! It's Maxime's birthday today! Happy birthday, Maxime! mini/bigsmile

As a birthday present, why not click on the link below so as to give a thumbs up? It's easy, it takes less than 10 seconds, and it can help Sheep become a finalist at the Hopl'awards. Every vote is important, so don't hesitate to click! You still have one week left and you can vote once per day if you wish.

SO CLICK HERE TO VOTE NOW !   →  http://www.hoplawards.fr/portfolio/lego … brickfilm/

Maxime needs you, members of BiM! We think he really deserves to have a chance to be able to make it to that final! So, go on everyone, vote for Sheep! Thanks! mini/smile