Topic: batman video (not properly titled yet)

Directory Link

batman video (not properly titled yet)

YouTube

The Boy Wonder is kidnapped by three of batman's most notorious villains.

There are some flaws in the video.
The audio is not evenly volumed, the camera is bad quality, the microphone was bad, the walk cycle in one of the shot looked horrible, flicker, and many others.
I'm fairly happy with the animation but everything else was below expectations.

I plan on getting better software and better equipments.
I like an honest feedback on my video so I know where to improve.

Note: The title is currently 'Joker's Funhouse'
If anyone comes up with a better title, I'll change it and credit them in the description box.

Facts about this video.
I didn't use any lamps for lighting, all the lights are from the ceiling.
Everything was improvised, speech animation could've been better if the voices were recorded before animated.

Last edited by Kd2000 (December 19, 2014 (09:34pm))

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Re: batman video (not properly titled yet)

Your animation is really good and you made a surprisingly good fight scene. I Also thought some of the camera moves were really good. Other than that  I would suggest working on your cinematography and storey telling. Also I think making your film wide screen would probably help it look more professional. But your animation is really good. Keep up the good work.

Hope that helps.
OsomStudios

Last edited by osomstudios (December 19, 2014 (08:35pm))

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Thank you, you are the first to give me a feedback.
I worked on the animation the most.
I will consider using wide screen in my future videos and I hope I can get better cinematography equipments.

I look foreword to getting more feedback soon.

Last edited by Kd2000 (December 19, 2014 (09:41pm))

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

BTW when I suggested "Generic Batman Thing" that was a joke, not an actual suggestion.

The animation was good, light flicker was visible but kept to a minimum. Audio was not that good however. Voices were hard to hear, and some of the sound effects were just bizarre. There really wasn't much of a story to keep my interest, just Batman fighting people. Lighting was rather plain, would have liked to see some depth and texture to the light.

You don't improve your cinematography by getting more equipment, cinematography is the 'art' of film making, the way things look and feel. Keep on working at it, especially the story aspects.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Your animation was really good for your first brickfilm. Although your audio, cinematography, and lighting could use some improvement, you did very good seeing this is your first film! Better than my first.  mini/lol

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

RedBrick1 wrote:

BTW when I suggested "Generic Batman Thing" that was a joke, not an actual suggestion.

The animation was good, light flicker was visible but kept to a minimum. Audio was not that good however. Voices were hard to hear, and some of the sound effects were just bizarre. There really wasn't much of a story to keep my interest, just Batman fighting people. Lighting was rather plain, would have liked to see some depth and texture to the light.

You don't improve your cinematography by getting more equipment, cinematography is the 'art' of film making, the way things look and feel. Keep on working at it, especially the story aspects.

I was a bit foolish to take the suggestion title seriously. As for the story, I was aware that the story was predict and unoriginal, and I shall plan and script a story the next time I do one. Even I found the voices hard to hear when I watched the video, but for the sound effects being bizarre, I don't know what you mean. I literally got out a crow bar and smashed things with it (and maybe broke something). I only possess one lamp, so I used the light from the ceiling.
I hope those clarified things and I thank everyone for the responses. I shall learn from my past mistakes and perfect things every single time I make a new video.

Youtube

-FilmyGuy1

Harborlight Productions wrote:

Your animation was really good for your first brickfilm. Better than my first.  mini/lol

In my lifetime (so far) I've made one brickfilm in 2011 when our teacher told us to make claymations and manimations with no knowledge of animating (it was poorly made with no consistent walk cycle, it has natural light, and was animated at 10 frames per second). I don't consider it as my first official brickfilm because it's not on YouTube.
I was always into brickfilms and I decided to get into it last year. I started off animating  tests at 10FPS, then 12, now at 15. During the time in between I made a claymation, for school (I was unhappy with it and I eventually deleted all traces of the video after presenting it).
The second animation I made was a 1-3 minute video for science. It had claymation, paper cut out animation, and a lego bat flying (the masking was horrible).
So, to be honest, this wasn't my first brickfilm, but it is my first OFFICIAL brickfilm.

Youtube

-FilmyGuy1

This is quite a fun film! I didn't listen with sound however.

How dare you bump an old thread.
mini/bigsmile  Thanks anyways. It's quite old though.

Youtube

-FilmyGuy1

Is thread bumping not aloud?

Weasel Animations wrote:

Is thread bumping not aloud?

The general rule is to not bump threads if there has not been any activity for roughly over a month, as it generally means that there is no longer an interest in that topic. Don't worry though, lots of people make that mistake when they are new, including me. I bumped a lot of threads before someone told me the same thing I've just said mini/lol

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Thanks for telling me. At first I thought thread bumping was in a way a good thing. mini/eek

Bumping threads in Releases is usually allowed, as long as you have something constructive to say (i.e. don't just bump every thread with only "nice" or "lol").

^ This.

Also, bumping a thread is perfectly fine if it will bring renewed interest to the topic in question, especially if it would interest many people who may not have been on Bricks in Motion when the thread was first created.

For example, I'd never seen this video before, (or even knew it existed, for that matter) but have since seen it. And it wasn't half bad. I'm glad I've had a chance to watch it, now.

But as a rule, try not to bump old threads (especially your own), unless meaningful discussion can come from it.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Okay. Thanks for telling me.