Topic: LEGO Star Wars Rebel War Episode 3

Directory Link

LEGO Star Wars Rebel War Episode 3

YouTube

Here comes episode 3 of my stop motion series "LEGO Star Wars Rebel War".

Andrew BrickMovies - Stop Motion Animator

Re: LEGO Star Wars Rebel War Episode 3

Well, I must say, you have definitely improved this episode after the issues i pointed out in the last one! Only problems this time are that there was some dust which appeared and disappeared off the minifigures occasionally, some of the voices near the end weren't very clear, and I'm not sure how the main character could get so confused between empire and rebellion soldiers. Aside from that, well done!

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Thank you for your honest feedback! This episode was actually filmed before the previous came out, so that time I didn't have your suggestions to try and improve. I am currently animating episode 5 so you should see more improvements on episodes after 5. As for the unclear lines, I was aware of that issue but due to time constraints I wasn't able to correct it.

Just binged watched the entire series. I have to say, you have an intriguing concept and your series does stand out from other Star Wars brickfilms. I do have some issues I would like to point out, though. I find the animation generally pretty good throughout, except for the fight sequences. The fight choreography is pretty messy and are in need of improvement. Fighting isn't an easy thing to animate - I probably noticed it more simply from the fact that I need to improve on my fight scenes too.

Spoiler (click to read)

Also, it was unclear to me how the main villain survived being blown up in Episode 2. He seemed to have been killed, but returned in Episode 3 as if nothing had happened

And I don't think it's necessary to have a sound effect for every time they move. I find it far too distracting and you just don't need it!
Other than that, pretty good series. I look forward to seeing the next installments!

Last edited by William Osborne (April 11, 2017 (12:52am))

Thank you for watching the videos and for your honest feedback!
My ultimate goal is to try and improve on my fighting scenes, especially since your are not the only person who has told me that the fights are not that great. mini/smile